PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the old crappy Classifieds?

drmosh
09-06-2006, 01:53 AM
We know that the current system of the classifieds forum is ineffective so we are introducing a new system and new site to post classifieds!

Checkout:

http://www.tunerbid.com/banners/tb_banner.jpg (http://www.tunerbid.com)

And as an added bonus, if you are a current vendor on SoCalEvo.net or NorCalEvo.net register now and get premium listing credits!

Cool features such as Wanted Ads totally free for those of you looking for parts and people can even make offers!

L84AD8
09-06-2006, 06:40 AM
sounds cool! will check it out. :cool:

MadEvo
09-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Cool site! Definitely needs to check out.

RgistRdShowoffIX
09-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Definitely a cool site. Pretty new tho.

:lol: there's only like 3 things for auction. zero of which are for our cars. :(

06IXMR
09-10-2006, 03:37 AM
Theres 7 items for our cars and 1 car for sale. Need to post this on myspace to get more people and craigs list lol.

drmosh
09-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Theres 7 items for our cars and 1 car for sale. Need to post this on myspace to get more people and craigs list lol.

Working on it! ;)

JanSolo
09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
We know that the current system of the classifieds forum is ineffective so we are introducing a new system and new site to post classifieds!

Let's take apart your post briefly:

1. You've just labeled the classifieds which members use a on regular basis in order to fluff up your new creation. Perhaps a more correct term for the current classifieds section would have been "featureless".
2. You've also labelled the current classifieds section as "ineffective" as well, even though people use them successully to buy and sell. Which parts specifically make the current classifieds section ineffective? Is there some feature that is lacking within the current classifieds that makes it so bad and in need of a completely new system rather than just coding the necessary features?
3. In the future, if there is something wrong with any other aspect of the site, are you going to make a completely new site to replace it?
4. Is the old classifieds section going to be removed entirely since it is both crappy and ineffective with all users being sent to the new and improved classifieds only site?

Thanks!

drmosh
09-30-2006, 09:02 PM
We created the site because standard forum selling IS highly ineffective because:

1. another user can post how your price sucks
2. another user can come and hijack your listing in other ways ("your piece is garbage, etc")
3. lots of redundancy "user xxx didn't list his price, what is your price? etc etc"
4. your item scrolls onto page 3 because there's no traffic to it
5. you can't see any rating of the seller

The benefits of Tunerbid.com:

1. Listings are FREE except for premium services like featuring or listing vehicles.
2. Long term listings are available and also FREE relistings.
3. No other users screwing up your sales.
4. Users can ask you about your parts in private messages (just like ebay).
5. buyers and sellers can rate each other

As for shutting down the current classifieds? We're still evaluating it, it may not go away simply because some people still prefer that format.

JanSolo
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
We created the site because standard forum selling IS highly ineffective because:

1. another user can post how your price sucks
2. another user can come and hijack your listing in other ways ("your piece is garbage, etc")
3. lots of redundancy "user xxx didn't list his price, what is your price? etc etc"
4. your item scrolls onto page 3 because there's no traffic to it
5. you can't see any rating of the seller

For every negative comment someone can make regarding your product or price, someone can also make a positive comment. So the question is simple: out of all the classified comments ever posted, were they overwhelmingly negative enough to justify a whole new web site and consideration of closing the current classifieds system?

My responses to your points above:
1. See my first comment. People whining about bad prices clearly helps the buyer and possibly the seller since it gives them feedback on a price that theoretically may be too high. This feedback may allow the seller to more easily sell his product in a timely manner, rather than wondering why his overpriced item is sitting there collecting dust and not selling.
2. Again, see my first comment. Ultimately, a negative comment may assist potential buyers evade bad products, scams and the like. I know it has to suck for the people trying to sell their K&N Typhoons when someone comes in and posts what a piece of shit it is and cock blocks a potential sale, but really - it does suck and should never be in an Evo.
3. Redundancy can happen for many reasons, but more often than not it is because the seller is not making the points of interest (price, etc.) obvious enough for the average buyer. Will
4. Generally, items moving past the first page without being sold is because the price is "bad" or people simply aren't interested in the product for sale regardless of the price. Would this item that got moved to page 3 due to lack of interest fair any better on TunerBid.com?
5. This is a limitation unfortunately, that would require some coding to resolve.

Benefits of the current classifieds:
1. People can leave feedback (positive and negative) that allows uninformed (aka lazy) users to not get ripped off.
2. Users can ask admins and moderators to edit threads if they go off topic.
3. The current classifieds section is more interactive and allows new information to flow to more users as it is posted.
4. People can PM with the current forum sw, so I am not sure why you listed that as a postive aspect.
5. Sellers are usually local to the buyer, whereas this cannot be guaranteed on TunerBid, thereby adding shipping prices and incurring PayPal fees if they use that method of payment.

I still don't see how the current forum software is ineffective when people clearly buy and sell on it all the time. Granted, there are negative aspects of it (like everything else in this universe), but they are obviously not negative or perhaps numerous enough to stop people from using the current system.

lqdchkn
10-03-2006, 06:20 PM
As for shutting down the current classifieds? We're still evaluating it, it may not go away simply because some people still prefer that format.

Great, if the classified ads are shut down, then I'll have to register to another site. Just more inconvienience. It's bad enough that the current postings got locked down and I have to login just to view them. I usually only want to login to post a comment. As it is now I have to login just to see if "maybe" I even want to look at something for sale.

DRMOSH- Please don't fix things that aren't broken.

kataklyzm
10-06-2006, 08:08 PM
its ineffective ans should be shut down cuz its no tunerbid.com...no offense, but when i wanna buy auction, i go ebay, mainly cuz theyre reputable and there are many courses of actioni can take when i get burned. forum classifieds are better because you can get feedback on most items right away if you dont know anything about it. plus you cant beat the drama ;)

kataklyzm
10-06-2006, 08:09 PM
haha bad typing...my hand is messed up