PDA

View Full Version : Innovative LM-1 W/ Auxbox question...

dus10
09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
There is a vacuum port on the Auxbox module to register boost via an internal MAP sensor. They recommend using a vacuum line from anywhere behind the throttle bodies, is there one on an evo that can be used for this? The Auxbox can also use a normal pressure type reading but they say the MAP is more accurate.

Also, has anybody else installed an LM-1 w/ auxbox? Just wondering A.) how you routed the O2 sensor wire into the car for the LM-1 and B.) where you mounted the Auxbox in a horizontal position?

The auxbox has it's own internal sensors for figuring out diagnostic data but I would like to just tap into the cars internals sensors, has anybody else done this?

Any help is appreciated.

KareBearPowa
09-14-2006, 09:44 PM
There is a hole in the "driveshaft tunnel" right about where the DP joins the cat that goes into the cabin and into the passenger side. That is where you can route the 02 wires.

As far as boost reading, any of the Vac lines off the intake manifold should work.

Matz
09-14-2006, 09:47 PM
http://evo8.initialdproject.com/HowToInstallGMMAP/careful%20routing2.jpg

See the tee just above the oil filler cap and below the red wire? You can use that hose.

AreSTG
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
There is a hole in the "driveshaft tunnel" right about where the DP joins the cat that goes into the cabin and into the passenger side. That is where you can route the 02 wires.

definatly get the bung installed right b4 the cat, had the guy done mine in the right spot(there) i'd have saved myself hours on end. I ended up going thru the firewall and down near my alternator.... alot of work compared to dropping it thru the hole in the passenger side foot area

dus10
09-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the info... I had the bung installed right were you said and the access to the cabin is a snap.

Now as far as the boost line; does t-ing off of a already t'd off line lower the correct reading because the pressure is being split between multiple sources? Maybe a stupid question but my mind works in odd ways and thinks of things to be concerned over.

Matz
09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info... I had the bung installed right were you said and the access to the cabin is a snap.

Now as far as the boost line; does t-ing off of a already t'd off line lower the correct reading because the pressure is being split between multiple sources? Maybe a stupid question but my mind works in odd ways and thinks of things to be concerned over.

Pressure would never be lower unless what you teed in had a leak or something. The response could change a bit depending upon the size of the hose, but i don't think you'll have a problem.

redvolution
09-22-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm planning to get one of these also - any recommendations in the hayward area who can weld a bung-hole (ha ha) in a Works DP for me? Usual suspects or somebody like TC Designs?

Matz
09-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm planning to get one of these also - any recommendations in the hayward area who can weld a bung-hole (ha ha) in a Works DP for me? Usual suspects or somebody like TC Designs?

I had Full Function do mine. They did a great job.

dus10
09-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Okay, got the thing installed. Put the LMA-3 module in my center console box. Tapped into the boost line behind the glove-box and tapped the tach signal off the ecu, and tapped the Speed sensor off of the ecu. It measures wideband perfectly, MAP PSIa and boost pressure PSIg, measure RPM's, and I have it set to measure Skidpad G's (works great) and Acceleration G's (not working), and it can't read from the speed sensor.

So now I want to hook it to the TPS and Air flow if possible. Does anyone know what those sensors output? Or how to set up the LMA-3 to log TPS and air flow?

Oh yeah, it works great with both ECUscan and ECUedit. I just wish Ecuscan logged LOAD; and I wish ECUedit logged Boost & AFR. Ecuedit would display the AFR and it's mins and maxs but it does not log the AFR along with all the other data :(....

Coffee no cream, Kool-aid no sugar, Ham no burger......

Matz
09-28-2006, 07:51 PM
So now I want to hook it to the TPS and Air flow if possible. Does anyone know what those sensors output? Or how to set up the LMA-3 to log TPS and air flow?

TPS is 5VDC, and you can tap into that signal from the ECU harness, pin 84. Don't know about air flow, but that's pin 90.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/tech/EVO-ecuwiring.htm