PDA

View Full Version : big friggin problem

kataklyzm
05-23-2004, 11:47 PM
so i was installing the RnR exhaust today, and of all things happen, when i start it, it doesnt start! i had to take out the radiator and fan to get it installked, but i cant figure out why it doesnt start!
anyone have any ideas pls help!
TIA
wally

EvoVIII
05-23-2004, 11:58 PM
take off exhaust bring to dealer, hmmm or maybe u disconnected some hose and forgot to stuck it back? maybe something triggered the OBD II

vtluu
05-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Depends what you mean by "doesn't start". Does the starter motor turn over at all? If not, I'd say it's an electrical issue (battery dead/drained?). Otherwise... well I'll let other people comment since I'm a total n00b at diagnosing car troubles. :)

Good luck!

kataklyzm
05-24-2004, 06:03 AM
it turns over, but it just wont catch and start

warpspeed
05-24-2004, 08:30 AM
I am not sure if Mitsu has a crank sensor(because I am still studying it)if it does, you probably knock the sensor loose and the computer can't pick up a signal to fire which plug.

Whooopasss
05-24-2004, 03:02 PM
try to remmember if you took out any connectors... connector to the MAF? Engine groundings?? Check for blown Fuse...

EvolvedDSM
05-24-2004, 05:35 PM
I am not sure if Mitsu has a crank sensor(because I am still studying it)if it does, you probably knock the sensor loose and the computer can't pick up a signal to fire which plug.

Yes, it does and yes, that could be the problem. Check the basics (fuel, spark, air). It would start w/o the MAS plugged in, but you'd know immediately someting isn't right. I'd also double check all the connectors you can see ;)

warpspeed
05-24-2004, 10:54 PM
That's what I figured. He probably yanked a connector off when he was taking the exhaust out.

kataklyzm
05-24-2004, 10:58 PM
double checked the connectors, the o2 sensor (the second one) seems a little messed up...could that be the problem? i knew i shouldnt have hired the neighbors to help :evil: the wires are twisted and it is crammed against the heat shield....would the o2 sensor cause it to not start though?

EvolvedDSM
05-24-2004, 11:08 PM
double checked the connectors, the o2 sensor (the second one) seems a little messed up...could that be the problem? i knew i shouldnt have hired the neighbors to help :evil: the wires are twisted and it is crammed against the heat shield....would the o2 sensor cause it to not start though?

Negative. Check the underhood fuse box and make sure nothing popped. You could have shorted something and not even noticed. Wait... you did disconnect the battery didn't you ;)

EvoVIII
05-25-2004, 11:36 AM
thats some scary shit that your car wouldn't start after you done something to it, I know you'll think that I rather not have changed the exhaust if I know this was gonna happen :evil:

MitsuMan
05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
just don't touch it I hate when this happens then you gotta retrace your stepps. 1`pull out a spark plug wire and set it down next to metal and have a friend crank it over to check for spark. then remove the pcv valve or a vacume line and spray some carb cleaner or brake cleaner in and then try to start it that will tell you if your getting fuel then get on your knees and start to pray lol

kataklyzm
05-25-2004, 10:18 PM
guys at imports cafe found out that the o2 sensor would touch the heat shield when the engine started cranking, and every time it does. it blew the 20a under hood fuse

yay! problem solved lol