PDA

View Full Version : Norcalevo Meet #6- suggestions

wilson1
05-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Just wondering what everyone likes to do for the next meet.
Jansolo and i talked about having a trackday or an autocross meet .
Any other suggestions?

Mrs. Solo
05-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Wasn't there talk of the next meet being held in Sac?

nebolic
05-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Im working on something, but always open to suggestions. I actually have a few lines trying to get it resolved. If it goes through, it'll be a good show, otherwise suggestions are welcome

JanSolo
05-25-2004, 02:04 PM
We will see what we can do for an autocross event at one of the meets in the future. I am gonna hit up the ClubZ guys and get some words of wisdom from them. For the next meet, our lovely moderator Nebolic has offered his assistance. :) Thanks Eddie!

wilson1
05-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Im working on something, but always open to suggestions. I actually have a few lines trying to get it resolved. If it goes through, it'll be a good show, otherwise suggestions are welcome

Beautiful! :wink:

wilson1
05-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Although meet #6 has been planned out, i feel that everyone else on the Norcalevo should give some input as to what they wanted to do for our meets, so that Jansolo and nebolic won't have white hairs too soon!

thomas
05-25-2004, 04:07 PM
i guess i can offer my help... :wink:

yea, i guess were gonna check out some shops up herrre in sacto and then decide what well do...

heres a thought, we can always have a big 'ol BBQ at some park and have a giant NORCALEVO picnic...then we can all roll around on the grass together...

then again, if anybody that lives up near sac that has a pool big enough for all of us can offer it for the next meet. id be down for dat! :D

***folsom lake is down my street, plenty of parking and benches, juss no boat or jet skiis. juss a thought.

SLVR EVO
05-25-2004, 05:18 PM
There's always Lake Berryessa too. It's not as close as Folsom Lake, but there are twisties on the way up and down :driving: and peeps can bring boats and jetski's there... Only I don't know of any really open BBQ spots that could fit everything+cars+trucks & boat trailers (I dont' get up there much, and only go to the free boat launch when I do)

evo_dadi
05-25-2004, 05:19 PM

yea, i guess were gonna check out some shops up herrre in sacto and then decide what well do...

heres a thought, we can always have a big 'ol BBQ at some park and have a giant NORCALEVO picnic...then we can all roll around on the grass together...

then again, if anybody that lives up near sac that has a pool big enough for all of us can offer it for the next meet. id be down for dat! :D

***folsom lake is down my street, plenty of parking and benches, juss no boat or jet skiis. juss a thought.

:werd: gotta have some bball court thomas ;)

dmans_evo
05-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi guys I havent attended any of the meets yet, but I had a suggestion. In Roseville their is a big park off of baseline that has outdoor grills, basketball court, baseball fields, covered picnic tables... Just a thought :)

DR_EVIL
05-25-2004, 05:50 PM
how bout a bbq or something

MitsuMan
05-25-2004, 06:07 PM
i went to the big picnic the i club had last year it was at the mt hammilton observitory it wass cool cause they had a loud exhaust contest and other events and we all took turns going up the road to the top in tains of cars very picturest and you could take picts from the top of the parking lot below and it was just a sea of cars down there they had a dj and food and prizes and we drank and played football and frisby great way to spend a day. PLEASE CAN WE DO SOMETHING ON A SUNDAY SO I CAN MEET YOU'ALL thanx

evo_dadi
05-25-2004, 06:16 PM
hey mitsuman where do you work?

keeps the ideas coming guys:)

Black_EVO
05-25-2004, 06:16 PM
There's always Lake Berryessa too. It's not as close as Folsom Lake, but there are twisties on the way up and down :driving: and peeps can bring boats and jetski's there... Only I don't know of any really open BBQ spots that could fit everything+cars+trucks & boat trailers (I dont' get up there much, and only go to the free boat launch when I do)

I second that idea... I love that place. There are a couple of picnic areas that we might be able to use. I'll make a point to scope it out this weekend. How many cars are we expecting? 50?

thomas
05-25-2004, 09:32 PM

mos def! ive been meaning to get out on the court. thisll be perfect.

carbonevo8
05-25-2004, 09:39 PM
hey guys heres my 2 cents either a meet in sac and a cruise on sunrise and some races afterwards or a meet in modesto and a cruise on mchenry and then some races but thats just my 2 cents

WRXTodd
05-25-2004, 09:46 PM
whatever is decided, just give adavanced notice so i have plenty of time to sabatoge it!!!..... i mean get the day off so i can come kick it...

EvoVIII
05-25-2004, 09:48 PM
lets Book a date @ Sears point race way and play the whole day

wilson1
05-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Guys, it's great with all the suggestions.
Hopefully the meeting coordinators are taking notes.

nebolic
05-25-2004, 10:01 PM
beep boop beep boop computer is taking notes.

scribble scribble scribble.

:)

Nebo

wilson1
05-25-2004, 10:06 PM
beep boop beep boop computer is taking notes.

scribble scribble scribble.

:)

Nebo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SilverBullet
05-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Sac :!: Sac :!: Sac :!:

vtluu
05-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Sears Point? :shock: And how many Evos do we want to scrape off the walls?

xchoirboy
05-26-2004, 06:41 AM

you're too short for bball j/k whatever you guy's decide I'm always down. wouldn't mind doing some autocrossing. i'm someone here can show us how to do some drifting in the Evo j/k. lol

:afrocool:

EVO GRIM
05-26-2004, 07:03 AM
Torro Park is nice. Lottsa parking, B-ball. Or we could have a north vs. south softball game.

http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/toro_park.htm

dmans_evo
05-26-2004, 04:33 PM
We got to play some basketball...Run some full court North vs. South with some subs :) ..

RonV
05-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Sears Point? :shock: And how many Evos do we want to scrape off the walls?
Scrape off the walls? Heck, if I could get around that place with my old 5.0 with full Steeda suspension and stock brakes, all of us should be crusin' around the trackwith no problems. I love Sears Point. It's so technical. Anyone else agree? :twisted:

evo_dadi
05-26-2004, 05:57 PM

you're too short for bball j/k whatever you guy's decide I'm always down. wouldn't mind doing some autocrossing. i'm someone here can show us how to do some drifting in the Evo j/k. lol

:afrocool:

oh really now :wink: :wink: i may not be able to jump as high but i got d :twisted:

vtluu
05-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Scrape off the walls? Heck, if I could get around that place with my old 5.0 with full Steeda suspension and stock brakes, all of us should be crusin' around the trackwith no problems. I love Sears Point. It's so technical. Anyone else agree? :twisted:
It's more about the drivers than the cars. I know I sure wouldn't want to do Sears Point as my first track event...

wilson1
05-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Folks,

I remembered at the last joined norcal/socal track event, not too many peeps from the norcal showed up, we were totally outnumbered by socal members, and it's right at our backyard.
If we do decided on a trackday, everyone better shows up to support the event!

wilson1
05-26-2004, 07:04 PM
It's more about the drivers than the cars. I know I sure wouldn't want to do Sears Point as my first track event...

IMHO, I understand how people get nervous about crashing into the walls and such. However, of the few track events that i participated in, there are different run groups, for beginners, intermediate, and advance drivers.
Each runs at different times and there are generally instructors and instructions before the event for people that needs instructions.

For me, it doen't matter which track i will be on, as i drive within my comfort zone.

In terms of safety, all of the track coordinators put safety as their #1 concerns, and they do not want anything to happen to anybody! If you are reckless, you WILL BE KICKED OFF THE TRACK!

I wouldn't worry about crashing too much as you can always runs slower until you get use to the track and your driving ability. Dude, if you keep on worrying about crashing and running into things, then you can always sign up for one of the private driving courses before heading out to a track event.

Remember, a track event is for fun, and you don't have to kill yourself to get the top runtime, as there will always be someone better than you and i , so just go out and have some fun.
:wink:

BTW, it's super addictive, and guaranteed to bring you back wanting more trackdays.

Mrs. Solo
05-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Plus, you don't have to take your car on the track if you're not comfortable with it. You can always just ride with someone and learn that way. Jan did that with Robi and that seemed to help him out quite a bit :)
Well that and Skip Barber... hehe

DB8GSR
05-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Folks,

I remembered at the last joined norcal/socal track event, not too many peeps from the norcal showed up, we were totally outnumbered by socal members, and it's right at our backyard.
If we do decided on a trackday, everyone better shows up to support the event!

that's because NorCal Evo owners likes to keep their $30k Evo nice and purty. :twisted: The word "abuse" is an overstatement on some, but not until you really run the Evo at the track. On top of that, cost is a factor. Although I tend to agree that a trackday is as fun as it can get specially on a meet, (gosh.. honda trackday events are always fun) but you might run into the same issue again as to who's really going to show up. Trust me, I would've attended the Feb. trackday event if I wasn't scheduled to go out of the country and that was the only thing that was keeping me and was unable to attend. Until then, trackday events always gets my vote! :wink:

smack
05-27-2004, 10:52 AM
track days should be manditory with the evo. you should know how to control a car with this much potential.
I don't really understand the arguement for not wanting to take the car on the track.
in the novice group i bet 90% of the cars don't break 100mph on the main straight with open track and now one around themand an instructor in the car helping them.
but the same people that don't want to run on the track won't think twice about hitting 100mph on the freeway every once in a while with unpredictable idiots all around them.
give a track day a chance. start slow and learn how to drive. our cars are pretty amazing but they can bite if your pushing hard and get it wrong.
I just ran trackmasters at T-Hill with DB8 and i think the event went pretty smoothly. not as many instructors as some other groups i've ran with but still very safe. even in the open passing group.
one last pitch, check out the audi club events. you don't have to drive an audi to attend. two day events with some solid instructors, great food, and reasonable prices. two days aroung $400 with a big banquette the first night.

sean

nebolic
05-27-2004, 11:04 AM
track days is definetly a thing we are thinking about in the near future, however that does take some planning so most likely if it does happen, we will need at least 1-2 months of planning before hand to get us the best rates and discounts we can get. :) We will hook something up.

Nebo

vtluu
05-27-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm itching to track... but I want to do it safe and do it right, and leave myself plenty of room for error. It's not a question of "if" but of "when"--and I'm in no hurry. :)

Mrs. Solo
05-29-2004, 11:16 PM
How cool would it be to have one of these show up to our meets!
http://www.in-n-out.com/html/frm_b5.html

It's too expensive but still cool :)

warpspeed
05-30-2004, 03:03 AM
I'm for Sears point. It's been awhile since I raced there during my N.A.S.A. days. Also it's close to the house.

brwnrice
05-30-2004, 06:14 AM
How cool would it be to have one of these show up to our meets!
http://www.in-n-out.com/html/frm_b5.html

It's too expensive but still cool :)

what about this one http://www.wienerschnitzel.com/wiener/images/cateringtruck.jpg it's a low cost alternative to the in-n-out wagon.

Dogtown
05-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Sears Point sounds like a lot of fun, I've been wanting to go to the track for a while now, and I'd deffinately go if we had a meet there.

wilson1
05-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Sears Point sounds like a lot of fun, I've been wanting to go to the track for a while now, and I'd deffinately go if we had a meet there.

YES!! :P :P

GReddy_917
05-30-2004, 03:17 PM
I dont think that we should be having monthly meets that the members would have to pay $ to attend. Im all for track days at Laguna, TH, and Infineon...but perhaps those should be "extra curricular" activities that are seperate from our monthly meets. The great thing about our monthlies is that it doesnt cost any of the members extra cash other than travel expenses. This allows for a larger turn out and ease of assimilation for the noobies. In my opinion, the monthly meets should be kept free whether in the Bay or in Sac and track days should be additional...not in place of.

thomas
05-30-2004, 04:17 PM
I dont think that we should be having monthly meets that the members would have to pay $ to attend. Im all for track days at Laguna, TH, and Infineon...but perhaps those should be "extra curricular" activities that are seperate from our monthly meets. The great thing about our monthlies is that it doesnt cost any of the members extra cash other than travel expenses. This allows for a larger turn out and ease of assimilation for the noobies. In my opinion, the monthly meets should be kept free whether in the Bay or in Sac and track days should be additional...not in place of.

:werd: :peewee: :sexy:

wilson1
06-01-2004, 09:01 PM
so what is the verdict on the next meet?

JanSolo
06-01-2004, 09:40 PM
We're gonna have the next meet at Wilson's place since he has a shiny new lift he wants to share with his friends. :sexy:

BluEvo
06-01-2004, 10:37 PM
a suggestion and a question, is Imports Cafe ready for us? the owners mentioned that they would like to have us sometime. the shop was not fully completed at that time tho.

CollinsT
06-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Wow a swim/bbq/evo meet sounds interesting. I am gonna look into a few places