PDA

View Full Version : Down payment refund?

LEVIII
05-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Finally baught my Evo last Sunday (week and a half ago), in Reno (they were the closest with a white one and I have family there) and now am having problems with them. First prob is a small dent in the driver side side skirt that they said they would fix but would need the car for half a day, no big deal, now they want me to bring the car in to have the dent looked at and then bring it in later to have it fixed. 2 trips to Reno (im in Sac) and it has to be within 30 days. Second Prob is the finace dept said I have to pay off an old bill I have in collections from 3 years ago that I didnt know about or else their goona take the car tommorrow at 5pm. My main question is if anybody knows is if they take the car because they couldnt get me financed as promised what happens to my 12,000 down payment? Do they have to give it back? Should I let them take it cause they are screwing me on the small dent and just buy another one local. The local one would be alot easier to deal with for any future probs but I dont want to loose my down payment. Any suggestions you guys have would be a big help.

EvolvedDSM
05-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Yes, you would get your down payment back--the transaction would be nullified on both ends. Check with Fairfield Mitsu as I'm pretty sure I saw a white one there this past week. They do have a markup on the sticker, but refuse to pay it :)

MitsuMan
05-26-2004, 08:48 PM
:x just block the car from both ends they can't move other vehicles to get to it Can't the local dealer get one shipped for you?

LEVIII
05-26-2004, 10:14 PM
will them taing it effect my credit?

BluEvo
05-26-2004, 10:30 PM
if there is a default in the financing, you should be able to get a full refund after returning the car. the problem with the dealerships is that some of them give you the car to take home according to the financing criteria being met by an inhouse finance manager. it is not actually approved until a bank/creditor sends an approval to the dealership. i'm not an expert, but this may have happened in your situation. they approved you inhouse and then the bank/creditor came in with conditions to the deal.
since they are requiring you to give the car back, unless terms are met, you should get a full refund for returning it. it's an eye for an eye. f it! get one locally. with $12k up front you have the buying power to bring down the added mark ups. if the dealership doesn't deal down on the price to get $12k up front, they are fools!
good luck.

kataklyzm
05-26-2004, 10:39 PM
yes, you will get your down back. what they did was pretty much a paper trip, where they give you the car BEFORE they get financing. be veerrry careful about that. always make sure you have financing done BEFORE you take the car. that contract you signed actually commits you to higher interest than what you have agreed upon. i would tell them to take the car back, but ONLY if you get your original check back the same time you hand over the keys.. if you dont mind the drive im 99% sure capitol in san jose has a white one

nebolic
05-27-2004, 08:27 AM
just a heads up, they might prorate you for the usage of the car. Something you might want to think about because you know, no dealership wants to lose money and if they take the car back, they have to sell it as used. Not sure how much or how legal it is for them to charge you for using the car.

Nebo

BTW which dealership did you go to? If you want to go to the dealership I went to, I can hook you up over there. I live in Sac and I can get you a good deal on an Evo, I have pretty good relationship with the Manager at one of the dealership in Sac town. Private Message me and I'll drive you over there :)

I'll do whatever it takes to get a fellow enthusiast into an EVO.

LEVIII
05-27-2004, 08:32 AM
I dont care which dealership I just want a white one, and for the 30,799 with sunroof and carbon wing like the one I have. Im gonna see how it all plays out today. Thanks for everyones input.

kataklyzm
05-29-2004, 09:08 PM
keep us updated about the dealership...enquiring minds want to know!

LEVIII
05-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Talked to a manager on Wednesday, he said he would call me 9 am on Thursday. Never called. Still waiting to hear from them but also nervous about them taking the car. I think they relized I have te advantage and are tryig to do whatever they can to keep the sale.

Black_EVO
05-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Yes, you would get your down payment back--the transaction would be nullified on both ends. Check with Fairfield Mitsu as I'm pretty sure I saw a white one there this past week. They do have a markup on the sticker, but refuse to pay it :)

You could talk to Mark Madrone (Fairfield). He gave me a good deal... you can mention my name if that helps.

LEVIII
06-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Well heres the latest. Reno Mitsu called me day before yesterday snd wanted me to finesh pay off of a 200 doller collection I had, I told him about my prob with the car and the service I had been recieving, he said he would call back. Calls back in no time to tell me an appointment has been made for me to get everything I want done when I want it. Great, at this point I am very happy, he tells me I really have to get that collection taken care of now. No prob. I call the collection company, pay them and tell them I need a proof of payoff faxed to me. They say it will take 24 hrs to process. I call the dealer with the heads up of 24 hrs and the say ok as soon as you get it fax it to us.

Next day (yesterday) rolls around and about noon (21 hrs since paying the collection) the dealer calls me and says we need you to fax over that proof of payoff. I tell them I dnt have it, it has not bee 24 hours. The manager tells me he is going to report the car stolen. I couldnt belive that. Him and I really start yelling at each other now about all this. conersation ends. I have an hour or two to cool off and relize I dont want this car from them, I want an easy to deal with local dealer. I call him back to tell him I will not be faxing anything to him. He tells me to bring the car back, I tell him I will not drive a stolen car. He got pretty upset about that and we agured for a minute. He kept wanting me to say if the collection was paid or not and I would tell him "thats not what I want to talk about, I want to talk about the service I have recieved" then the general manager grabs the phone and asks if the collection is paid, I tell him the same. He says " is the collection paid or not, and dont lie" I tell him the same thing. He says " I am calling to pay your collection off, we will not fix shit on your car, have a nice day." and then he hung up on me.

I have already called mitsu cust service dept and filed a complaint. What else can I do? any good ideas would be great.

nebolic
06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
you can be dick too, since the manager said he is reporting the car stolen, that means you don't own the car. You drive the car to Reno, drop the car off, and get a refund on your down payment. If you paid by ATM debit card (check card) with your down payment and tell your credit car to dispute the charges since the car is "stolen" you didnt receive any product or services from the dealer. If its a check you can call them to cancel it. If its credit card, same deal with the Debit card. They want to be a dick about it, you can be a dick about it. Lastly tell them to fuck themselves in the ass. And also his verbal contract with you is that you can keep the car dependent on you faxing him the payoff collection proof, you didn't do that, so the deal is void which means you need to return the car, which is what you wanted to do. By the way what is the name of the dealership?

Go today and get your money back. Come back to Sacramento and we'll help you get into a white Evo. :)

Also talk to the owner of the dealership in regards to your shitty experience.

Nebo

kimmievo
06-04-2004, 08:43 AM
wow! This whole situation is messed up. I think they are just trying to scare you. At this point, I would hand the car back in, and tell them to shove it. Get your down payment refunded, and go to a dealership that one of us has mentioned. I cant beleive that they are making such a big stink over one collection. Good Luck!

LEVIII
06-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Anyone know how to cantact the higher ups at Mitsubishi cooperate, maybe someone who can help me get something done. Also does The Better Buisness bureau have a website?

vtluu
06-06-2004, 09:32 AM
http://www.bbb.com/
:google:

GReddy_917
06-06-2004, 09:43 AM
http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=better+business+bureau&near=Reno,+NV&radius=0.0&latlng=39529722,-119812777,39515832,-119775083&oi=locald

http://www.reno.bbb.org/

There you go. good luck.