PDA

View Full Version : Who has Dynoflash mail in?

ApexVIII
09-28-2006, 12:00 PM
in thinking about getting the Dynoflash mail. any one have it and how was it? any graphs with gains? i have TBE, MBC,. and befor i get it i will have LICP, Ebay o2, 10.5

KareBearPowa
09-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Stay away, you have much better options locally.

lqdchkn
09-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Stay away, you have much better options locally.

+1

ApexVIII
09-28-2006, 12:05 PM
should i dyno tune? or go to Works for a road tune?

UCB
09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
i imagine both are better options than a dynoflash

ApexVIII
09-28-2006, 12:21 PM
but for the price? mybe a mail in for temp. then after cams or something more maijor get a dyno?

tkeirin
09-28-2006, 12:52 PM
if you're in the bay area, just stick with the local vendors, such as works. if you have any concerns or questions, they can help you easily in person.

UCB
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
but for the price? mybe a mail in for temp. then after cams or something more maijor get a dyno?

When it comes to tuning, you really get what you pay for. I would not really trust a "custom" flash. Every car reacts different, even when the mods are the same. What works well for one car, may not work well for another

Id spend the extra loot to get a custom road/dyno tune and have the peace of mind of being in good hands

dl_EVO
09-28-2006, 01:05 PM
hmmm....

$500 bucks or a couple thousand for a new motor...

hard decision..

UCB
09-28-2006, 01:07 PM
its not even $500, dynoflash has upped the price to $200 now. A custom tune for his VIII is only $400

dl_EVO
09-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I didn't say Dynoflash was $500 but the going rate around the bay area for a custom dyno tune is around $500..

I'm saying, if he goes with Dynoflash he will most likely have problems and potentially blow his motor.

tkeirin
09-28-2006, 01:10 PM
$200........wow. *didn't know it's this low.

MarkSAE
09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
If you care about good customer support, stay local.

lqdchkn
09-28-2006, 01:48 PM

No.* I wouldn't.* Too many horror stories about DynoFlash.* I've even witnessed their flash not work.* Save your money and stay with the stock programming until you can afford a real flash.*

Think of it this way.* If you spend $200 on crap that jacks up your car then you'll be spend your future savings on repairs not better upgrades.

UCB
09-28-2006, 01:56 PM
$200........wow. didn't know it's this low.

I wouldnt call $200 for a copy and pasted mail in flash "low", when a custom dyno tune is only $400

BigEd925
09-28-2006, 02:34 PM
in thinking about getting the Dynoflash mail. any one have it and how was it? any graphs with gains? i have TBE, MBC,. and befor i get it i will have LICP, Ebay o2, 10.5

Check out Speed Element, Garaged Performane, or Gruppe-s those shops have good tuners with good customer service.

Lurk
09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Just say no to fat ass Al and Dynoflush.

dl_EVO
09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
i don't trust his 91 octane flash, he doesnt even have Cali 91 octane where he is so how can he tune for it. It's BS..

BigEd925
09-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Nuff said...

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=29317.0

MarkSAE
09-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Nuff said...

holy shiet.. :shock:

UCB
09-28-2006, 03:34 PM
great tune :D

ApexVIII
09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Nuff said...

holy shiet.. :shock:

alright. im going to a local tuner. so what tune shoudl i go with? dyno or road? any pro's or con's?

wrx2evo8
09-28-2006, 05:01 PM
i had a mail dynoflash.. then i had an Al tune Dynoflash.. then after the Al tund dynoflash I was not satisfied and went to* EIP and Paul tuned me and my charts looked so much better as well as picking up 30 awhp!* I'd stay away from the dynoflash...* No the reason I had the dynoflash was cause i lived in Shreveport, La. and there were no tuning shops.. So I got the dynoflash.. then i moved here.. and Al came out.. so i upgraded.. then I went to a dyno day at Gruppe-s and noticed that with the mods i had other cars were making alot more awhp than i was.. so since i kind of knew Paul (at EIP) i went there to get tuned... and I gained my missing 30 awhp...* *You have so many tuners (EIP, Speed Element.. do they have a dyno??, Gruppe-S, Works, Vishnu..)here in this area the you'd honestly be kind of dumb not to get tuned locally...* *If i could do it over i would have only done it locally.. i wasted money on the first tunes..

UCB
09-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Speed element use the EIP dyno. Works and Shiv also use the full function dyno

ApexVIII
09-28-2006, 07:05 PM
really works uses a dyno? i wne down to works right after i bought my car to pick up my exhaust and they told me they do road tunes not dyno's. maybe they changed

UCB
09-28-2006, 07:07 PM
they do both IIRC.

Matz
09-28-2006, 07:47 PM
they do both IIRC.

Yes, they started doing dyno tunes as well.

stingerbtry
09-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I tried Al's "custom flash" and although my logs weren't AS bad as the ones on the socal thread, they were up into the 10's pretty consistently. I tried working with him and sending him logs and he just stopped replying to my emails and pm's. I then got a flash from jestr and he gave me a flash for 93 octane. I told him it looked off and he corrected it and gave me a new flash for 91. I still get counts up to 7 in the 4900-7k range so I am having speedelement install an mbc and check it out on Monday. Hopefully he'll tell me that vast improvements can be made and I'll get the full dyno tune from him. With my late model IX I am only boosting about 1.2 bar max and tapering from there and jestr tells me that the tune will need to drastically change once I get the mbc and am boosting where I should be. Andy will square me away either way and I would recommend anyone that is close to speedelement to check them out. I've heard nothing but great things about them and have been to their shop and they seem to be some really good guys.

MarkSAE
09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
I tried working with him and sending him logs and he just stopped replying to my emails and pm's.

That's some great product support right there!

UCB
09-28-2006, 09:08 PM
I tried working with him and sending him logs and he just stopped replying to my emails and pm's.

cant reply to emails/phone calls piloting your 9 second evo to jack in the box

tkeirin
09-28-2006, 09:35 PM
$200........wow. didn't know it's this low.

I wouldnt call $200 for a copy and pasted mail in flash "low", when a custom dyno tune is only $400

oh yea. thats true.

dl_EVO
09-28-2006, 10:47 PM

cant reply to emails/phone calls piloting your 9 second evo to jack in the box

mmmmmmm ultimate cheeseburger...

BMan
10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
But there aren't any Jack-in-the-box or In-N-Out in NY, NJ, PA, or CT. Trust me, I looked.

smack
10-04-2006, 01:39 AM
coming from someone that actually had a mail-in dynaflash in their car...

it's pretty funny to hear how you'll blow your engine with it. my car had all the normal
buschur bolt on crap and pulled 275 on the gruppe-s dyno. there was plenty more on the
table as it was rich as hell. also i had about 12-15 trackdays on the thing and never had a problem.(i did run 100 in it though)
not terrible for a mail in flash. keep in mind this was for a buschur stage three kit and supposedly
ok'ed by buschur(who knows). can't speak at all for al's other stuff.

please don't take this as a recommendation, just that i highly doubt you will grenade your motor based
on how conservative my mail-in was and the punishment i put the car through.

that said,
bryan is right that there are much better options locally. you will pretty much alway have a better result
from having someone tune YOUR car as opposed to tuning your TYPE of car.
i personally recommend srm but everyone has their favorite tuner.

good luck

AreSTG
10-04-2006, 05:43 AM
But there aren't any Jack-in-the-box or In-N-Out in NY, NJ, PA, or CT. Trust me, I looked.

very true, i didnt see any JITB till the bus ride to basic training in TX, and didnt see in and out till driving thru LA from TX

KareBearPowa
10-04-2006, 09:32 AM
please don't take this as a recommendation, just that i highly doubt you will grenade your motor based

The mitsu ECU has great self-preservation safe guards. ;)

MarkSAE
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM

it's pretty funny to hear how you'll blow your engine with it. my car had all the normal
buschur bolt on crap and pulled 275 on the gruppe-s dyno. there was plenty more on the
table as it was rich as hell. also i had about 12-15 trackdays on the thing and never had a problem.(i did run 100 in it though)

Using 100 octane can mask a bad 91 octane tune. ;)

UCB
10-04-2006, 09:38 AM

Hardees

ez76
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm seeing a lot of Al/Dynoflash bashing on this thread, and I think it's unfair and unfounded.

I'd like to see any of YOU trying to run a tuning business with the kind of crippling brain damage Al Friedman has.

UCB
10-05-2006, 09:06 PM
bwahahahhaha

I was about to flame you before that last bit :P

UCB
10-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Al posted this on evoM, oh the irony

Main thing to remember - on a properly tuned evo - the car will NEVER RUN IN THE LOW Octane timing maps

ek9_evo9
10-06-2006, 12:33 PM
get dynotuned, support our local vendors, why waste money sending your crap halfway across the states to get it back not knowing if anything was done?

at least when you get it custom dyno-tuned you know whats you have when you leave the session.

UCB
10-06-2006, 04:44 PM
lol...I see earlyapex and andy got into that dynotrash thread on evoM

This Al fellow is really some work...he has more excuses than I could fathom out of a so called "business"

Well maybe this..maybe this..maybe this...maybe this. Isnt the point of a "flashing" service to run safe in ALL conditions :P

Steiner
10-06-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm seeing a lot of Al/Dynoflash bashing on this thread, and I think it's unfair and unfounded.

I'd like to see any of YOU trying to run a tuning business with the kind of crippling brain damage Al Friedman has.

I'd use that for a sig on EvoM if I wasn't trying to avoid a 3rd ban. That's hillarious. BTW has anybody seen the video of Al where every other word is "Bra" like he's from Hawaii or something.

BMan
10-06-2006, 08:25 PM

Hardees

Hey, how come a Hardees burger tastes nothing like a Carl's Jr. even though they use the same logo?
I went in one and asked for a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, and the girl looked at me with the puppy sideways head thing. I looked at the sign, then said, "OK, the Bar-B-Que Bacon Cheeseburger". The thing had a distinct taste of cardboard. I actually started eating at Micky Dee's after that.

UCB
10-06-2006, 08:36 PM
No idea. I actually lived in the midwest for a bit, and yeah, even though hardess/Carls are the same chain/logo, they taste nothing alike

Carls Jr is obviously the better of the two, hardess if you are looking to be obese

Steiner
10-07-2006, 12:09 AM
You guys ever been to "Taco Johns". I ordered a burrito at the drive thru when I was going to school in Iowa. The girl asked me "with tater tots or without". WTF!

ApexVIII
10-28-2006, 11:46 PM

not terrible for a mail in flash. keep in mind this was for a buschur stage three kit and supposedly
ok'ed by buschur(who knows). can't speak at all for al's other stuff.

that said,
bryan is right that there are much better options locally. you will pretty much alway have a better result
from having someone tune YOUR car as opposed to tuning your TYPE of car.
i personally recommend srm but everyone has their favorite tuner.

good luck

well now that i know your old car is my new car lol. i guess a dyno flash cant be that bad for it. umm do you guys think that when i went to the dealer to fix my p0300 code and flashed over it it removed wha ever flash was on there??

Matz
10-28-2006, 11:54 PM
well now that i know your old car is my new car lol. i guess a dyno flash cant be that bad for it. umm do you guys think that when i went to the dealer to fix my p0300 code and flashed over it it removed wha ever flash was on there??

Yes.

Steiner
10-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I would think so. Nowadays though, with ECUflash, just buy that $80 dongle, and pay EIP for the dyno time and Andy@Speed Element for a tune. He'll make it feel like a totally different car and the tune will be every bit as safe as a mail-in flash. You'll be so happy with the power.

UCB
10-29-2006, 03:30 PM
i would imagine andys maps being 10x safer than mail in flashes

EFIxMR
10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence