PDA

View Full Version : Summer Evo Storage?

jstockdale
05-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be out of the area from June 26th to September 8th and need someplace to store my Evo. I really want to find either a garage or an indoor car storage facility of some type that I can rent out for the 2+ months I'll be away.

I was hoping someone would know of a place that I can be sure will be safe, dry, and keep my Evo nice and happy.

Any ideas?

On a related note, what kind of prep do I need to do on my Evo before putting it into storage?

Thanks

-S ...

nebolic
05-31-2004, 10:28 PM
i dont think you need to prep it for storage, maybe drain your fluids etc... but if you have a friend thats willing to garage it for you, have them turn your car on once a week or somethinig close to it and have them maybe drive it around the block once 2-3 weeks so the fluids gets mixed about in there. And when you come back, just change the oil and you should be set.

Nebo

P.S where you going if you don't mind me asking?

JanSolo
05-31-2004, 10:51 PM
You can store it at my place. I promise not to drive it (much).

ace33joe
06-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey, John. I wish I had a garage, but I live on campus too. I will be around until early September, so you're welcome to park your EVO near my EVO if you cannot find any indoor garage. The parking lot there is not crowded, so you might feel better. (Well, you might have some parking permit issue if you don't have EA one.)

I think wash & wax and Mitsubishi car cover will be good. Also you can either let some one drive it regularly or fill the fuel tank full (to prevent moisture condensation) and put some fuel stabilizer.

I think clean engine oil should be fine for two months.

Airgiod
06-02-2004, 07:24 PM
i'll ask around at the base up here...i know some one mentioned a place that preps and stores cars....great for the deploying military member :D