PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from Serramonte Mitsubishi

JDMevoBOOST
10-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Well I walked in there after some shopping to test drive an RS. So I go there and they have a handful of evos there which was nice since they are so convenient. The salesman Joel was pretty cool so I give him my license and we go on a test drive.

This car had 212 miles and I figured this was a designated test driver. So no worries. I start the drive and I drive it hard, but not like raping it or anything I was shifting at 7K. Then Joel tells me he is going to show me how to drive it. Let me say also that my gf was in the back seat.

He mashes it to redline in every gear going about 100+ on residential streets and around a turn and jerks the wheel to show us it wont spin out in extreme situations. Sure show me what it can do, but jeez dont kill us. Anyway I loved driving the evo and we didnt die, so I figure we could talk about some numbers.

So we sit down with em to see what they have to offer. They offer me 8K for my daily driver accord which is about 3K lower than everyone else has offered.

Then I proceed to tell him that I want a car with 5 miles on it. He tells me that its not possible. So then I ask what is the lowest mileage car u have?? And he says.....and I quote "the one we test drove"

So I laughed in his face along with the finance manager and I asked them how they expected me to pay MSRP on a car that had not been broken in yet and was flogged for the first 212 miles of its life??? He then tried to knock off $500 bucks.....ahhahaha...i told them that the car was POS and if it needed warranty work due to their flogging of it I would be blamed for it. So I just walked out because they were retarded. Joel was cool, but Serramonte Mitsu was a POS. THey didnt try and hold my registration and my license like some of you though.....thats just fucked up.

BigEd925
10-14-2006, 10:08 AM
take the trip up to San Rafael Mitsu, good guys with alot of respect for evos.

Scythe
10-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad experience, me and my friend both got ours from Serramonte Mitsubishi for $500 over invoice and less then 10 miles on both. They did try to screw me over on the trade in too, giving me 3k less then kelly blue book but i got them to give me only $500 less which isnt to bad

MarkSAE
10-14-2006, 01:28 PM
haha.. man, this story is pretty typical of most Mitsu dealers around this area. *Good thing my car only had 10 miles on it when I test drove it.

Kings Fan
10-14-2006, 03:17 PM
That's why a lot of dealerships don't let you test drive Evos. The dealership I went to did not let me test drive it til I signed an informal agreement saying I'm interested in buying.

MAB1025
10-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I got my car fresh off the truck from Veracom. I signed the papers and the car only had 6 miles on the clock and that was after PDI. I wasnt able to test drive the car either, but the did offer me a used 8 to test drive but with the differences between the 8 and 9 i said no. But if you're going in to buy an evo you know what its all about!

mtsevovii
10-14-2006, 05:52 PM
i had 9mi on my IX when i got mine.

SilverStreak
10-14-2006, 06:35 PM
they didn't impress me much either when i was shopping from them.

they had 1 evo rs (i think) in stock...38k from some dispatcher. never got a call back about working out a deal.

caliEvoIX
10-14-2006, 10:35 PM
My car only had six miles when I test drove it. Funny thing is, Veracom tried to sell me an MR just like the one I bought, but it had over 100 miles on it plus a scratch on the side skirt. That should have been the first sign to walk away. But now I'm paying for doing business with them. Sometimes an advertised sale price is too good to be true.

SilverStreak
10-14-2006, 11:53 PM
My car only had six miles when I test drove it. Funny thing is, Veracom tried to sell me an MR just like the one I bought, but it had over 100 miles on it plus a scratch on the side skirt. That should have been the first sign to walk away. But now I'm paying for doing business with them. Sometimes an advertised sale price is too good to be true.

lol...sounds like the one I checked out. They had one sitting in their garage...they said they were taking care of it (guess they are slow). They lied about pricing with me to get me in the door...then proceeded to try and rip me off for everything.

I ended up going to stevens creek. Paid a lot more than i wanted to for it (as expected from stevens creek)...but at least they gave me a fair deal for my trade in, and worked out a payment plan i could afford. I will say that the people I dealt with were far more savy in customer service than anywhere else in the bay area that i was able to hit up. sadly srm and scm were not viable options. *sniffle*

tkeirin
10-15-2006, 12:51 AM
hahaha............that's just messed up.

dl_EVO
10-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I had less than 5 miles on my EVO when I got it from South Coast.

$31 out the door for my IX Gsr.

dl_EVO
10-15-2006, 10:02 AM
btw, they did try to jack me too.

05 EVO VIII MR for $29K with 10k miles which isnt that bad about 7 months ago.

BUT, they tried to tell me my Ion Redline Supercharged was only worth $9,000 trade in, when I looked it up in FAIR condition which mine was a lot better than that it said $15500. I ended up selling it for near $17K w/ all my modifications to it.

I haggled with them for like a hour or so and they would only give me $9500 and $500 less off the 29K. I said forget it and went to South Coast a couple months later and bought a WW IX.

Something similiar happened when I tried buying a 04 SRT4 from them before, would not budge on price. Gave me a wack APR like 20% I WAS LIKE WTF!!!!!!!!!!! and walked out. Went to the Saturn dealer and bought my Ion Redline which was better!

tsair
10-15-2006, 03:16 PM
4 mi. on my MR :D

seven
10-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Got my SE from Serramonte with 7miles on it.

MadEvo
10-26-2006, 10:25 PM

Hey welcome. How much you pay for the SE?

seven
10-28-2006, 10:50 PM

Hey welcome. How much you pay for the SE?

southcoast price + fee