PDA

View Full Version : thinking about next car

kataklyzm
10-14-2006, 04:15 PM
and my gf wants an sl500, but im trying to talk her into the C6 Z06. anyone drive one before? any thoughts? i drove a few SL500, 600, and 55s before, and they feel like a total cruiser car. its like i felt like i was in an S class or something...kinda boring to me, but then again i didnt drive it fast since it was a customer car, just cruised it around the block kinda thing

wzcx
10-14-2006, 04:22 PM
They are boring. That's the appeal to their owner. :)
Here's the catch: you WILL NOT find another car that's as involving to drive as the Evo by going upmarket in the mainstream market. I bet you'll end up with something like a 911turbo, Ferrari, Lambo, or a Noble or Panoz. That's what'cha need.

peter
10-14-2006, 04:54 PM
get an is250 ;]

redvolution
10-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Don't play around - get her a 430 Spyder.

SilverStreak
10-14-2006, 06:39 PM
those mercedes were meant as a sort of touring car. So they have a bit of kick to them...but I don't think they were built all out to be taken seriously like the evo. the amg models are quite nice (though they should be)

the z06 is a great choice...though some people say its a little too track biased to be driven daily.

guess it just depends as always on what you are looking for. though I do have to agree the 430 or gallardo spyder would look quite nice.

Lurk
10-14-2006, 09:16 PM
If you're looking for a car in that kinda price range, I suggest you look into a Porsche 997 C4S.

YankInCali
10-14-2006, 10:41 PM
IS 350 for me :)

430 spyder comes later :lol:

kataklyzm
10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
damn...430? gallardo? thats 100k plus.....c6 z06 msrp is like 70, and it would sure as hell be a used sl,..those things lose value like mad...

bdking57
10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
the review of the zo6 vs the evo says the evo is just flat out more fun to drive.. all that power is good for doing dognuts on the street and thats about it.. unless you like doing high speed highway pulls.. the best way to lose your liscense.

and there is a car thats plenty involving to drive.. lotus exige S turbo..
I dont see a point in a girl owning any of those cars anyway.. is she going to track it? Jesus just get some huge implants if you want attention.

KareBearPowa
10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
the review of the zo6 vs the evo says the evo is just flat out more fun to drive.. all that power is good for doing dognuts on the street and thats about it..

Seriously man, if you think a Z06 is only for doing donuts you have about 10yrs of homework to catch up on.

It's supercharged. ;)

bdking57
10-16-2006, 02:38 PM
im well aware of that.. but bottom line, If you were looking at the zo6, it would be a different story.. you know how to drive and I bet that car would see plenty of time on the track where it belongs, you could also* actually take advantage of having such an awesome car.. what the hell is some chic going to do in that car though?

Why dont you suggest a BMW M coupe or something.. good looks, nice resell, fast enough and she wont kill herself. Plenty of people are killed because they dont take progressive steps into wilder performing cars.

the review of the zo6 vs the evo says the evo is just flat out more fun to drive.. all that power is good for doing dognuts on the street and thats about it..

Seriously man, if you think a Z06 is only for doing donuts you have about 10yrs of homework to catch up on.

It's supercharged. ;)

dabaysevo
10-16-2006, 02:52 PM
I would never let my gf tell me what car to buy, only if I was married or engaged would I let her into the decision making progress. *That is unless she is helping you out with the car then that is a diffrent story, but if that's the case, then get something way milder than a C6 Z06. *You are just asking for trouble if you get her that car, just because you may want to steal the keys to it from time to time.

KareBearPowa
10-16-2006, 03:03 PM
what the hell is some chic going to do in that car though?

How do you know if she is a good driver or not? You instantly see female and think they drive with one foot out the window doing their nails?

Hell, she could be the next Shirley Muldowney , but we have no idea because he hasn't told us her driving style yet.

JanSolo
10-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Get her a Prius and call it a day. There are better things to spend your money on.

dabaysevo
10-16-2006, 03:14 PM
^+1

bdking57
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
The % of her being an incredible female driver are slim to none.. If she is, then get the car.

Personally, I cant stand a girl that drives a crazy car

wzcx
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
How do you know if she is a good driver or not? You instantly see female and think they drive with one foot out the window doing their nails?
Hell, she could be the next Shirley Muldowney , but we have no idea because he hasn't told us her driving style yet.

Yah, no shit. She already wants something fast. :) Let her use it! Take her to the track! My g/f's first track day is coming up.

JanSolo
10-16-2006, 03:55 PM
The % of her being an incredible female driver are slim to none.. If she is, then get the car.

This is not meant to offend BUT, if you are into the Z community, you might know of Z Car Garage. The owner of Z Car Garage's girlfriend can beat most of the guys on this forum around the track - including yourself and myself.

kataklyzm
10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I would never let my gf tell me what car to buy, only if I was married or engaged would I let her into the decision making progress. That is unless she is helping you out with the car then that is a diffrent story, but if that's the case, then get something way milder than a C6 Z06. You are just asking for trouble if you get her that car, just because you may want to steal the keys to it from time to time.

the car would be hers ;)

kataklyzm
10-16-2006, 06:28 PM

Yah, no shit. She already wants something fast. :) Let her use it! Take her to the track! My g/f's first track day is coming up.

well shes not a good racer, but she wants to attend autox, drag and track days...and this isnt a right away purchase...its when the evos are paid off =P.. its just personally, i'd rather spend money on the z06, than on an SL....sl is an old mans car IMO

DaveLC2
10-16-2006, 08:40 PM

This is not meant to offend BUT, if you are into the Z community, you might know of Z Car Garage. The owner of Z Car Garage's girlfriend can beat most of the guys on this forum around the track - including yourself and myself.

She's extremely consistant at the dragstrip as well.

Dave

EvoVIII
10-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Does the US have such a car as Exige S??

KareBearPowa
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM

copper Z right? Not me! ;) She is quite a fast driver though. ;)

KareBearPowa
10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Does the US have such a car as Exige S??

yes the supercharged Exige is coming soon.

evo_dadi
10-16-2006, 10:54 PM

cant accept getting spanked huh or better yet drives better than you ;)

JanSolo
10-17-2006, 07:12 AM

copper Z right? Not me! ;) She is quite a fast driver though. ;)

Blue Z with an APS twin turbo kit.

bdking57
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
what? who the hell really cares.. I could care less If a girl is a good driver or not, but most are not and its simple math.. Of course If a girl wants to do that sort of thing she could be just as good a drvier, but I like girls that do girl things. Driving around in a crazy car is not a turn on.. you cant take the car to bed.

cant accept getting spanked huh or better yet drives better than you ;)

KareBearPowa
10-17-2006, 11:03 AM
what? who the hell really cares.. I could care less If a girl is a good driver or not, but most are not and its simple math..

It's simple math? What the ??? Please post that equation for us all to see. Thanx!

Is this it?

http://www.razorlab.com/misc/images/assorted/Proof_that_Girls_are_Evil.jpg

dohcvtec
10-17-2006, 11:05 AM
you cant take the car to bed.

ah shit, is that illegal now!? :shock:

vtluu
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Speaking of math, some people who do a lot of math (statistics, actuarial science, etc.) are the insurance companies. Because they need to figure out exactly how much to charge people to cover the costs of payouts (accidents, losses, etc.) and still make a profit.

Young female drivers have such lower insurance premiums than young male drivers. So certainly, insurance companies seem to believe that "female = safer". Is a "safer" driver a "better" driver? In terms of street driving, I'd say yes.

hagakure
10-17-2006, 11:14 AM
"what? who the hell really cares.. I could care less If a girl is a good driver or not, but most are not and its simple math.. Of course If a girl wants to do that sort of thing she could be just as good a drvier, but I like girls that do girl things. Driving around in a crazy car is not a turn on.. you cant take the car to bed."

It still amazes me that men with attitudes like this ever get laid......

evo_dadi
10-17-2006, 12:06 PM
you cant take the car to bed.

ah shit, is that illegal now!? :shock:

lol dontcha know ;) if you cant take it to bed turn the car into a bed ;)

JDMevoBOOST
10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
GT3 FTW

bdking57
10-17-2006, 02:52 PM
"It still amazes me that men with attitudes like this ever get laid......"

I seem to recall a similiar discussion before but..
I specialize in getting my friends laid and can tell you all the hot / self confident girls in the world like guys that have some attitude, conviction and are generally aggressive in their feelings. Guys like that are the ones that get laid all the time.. vs. the push over, do whatever you want honey its the 2000s type... If she wants more estrogen around her, she will go hang out with her girls.

vtluu
10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
It still amazes me that men with attitudes like this ever get laid......

Not only do they get laid, they reproduce, thus perpetuating their misogynistic sub-species. Let's face it Percy, gentlemen like you and I are a dying breed. :)

KareBearPowa
10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I specialize in getting my friends laid...

I don't think movie scripts could make up a better line than that. LOL

http://www.creativescreenwriting.com/csdaily/csdart/images/2005-07-Jul/American%20Psycho%20-%20Patrick's%20a%20card%20(200w).jpg

bdking57
10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
You realize the word gentlman is derived from Gentry, the definition of which has only a fractional relationship the treatment of women.. It has more to do with a code of chivalry which encompasses such traits as dependability, honesty, trustworthiness, and the now commonly forgotten trait of integrity. I find it peculiar that no one else should point the accususatory finger at those who openly admit the crime of software and media piracy, yet they are so quick to cast the stone of mistreament towards women? In any event, when used in regards to the treatment of women the term is specifically refrencing being non aggressive in the pushy sense. *Its far better to craft a burning desire of passion in their hearts, thus allowing them to choose you. Never try to make up a women's mind for her (fastest way to the singles line), but If you dont like her choices you dont have to talk to her.

Software Pirate = Not a Gentlman
non pushy tact with women = Gentleman

bdking57
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
hahah.. im here to keep everyone amused and play my character.

I specialize in getting my friends laid...

I don't think movie scripts could make up a better line than that. LOL

http://www.creativescreenwriting.com/csdaily/csdart/images/2005-07-Jul/American%20Psycho%20-%20Patrick's%20a%20card%20(200w).jpg

EV0LL
10-17-2006, 09:55 PM
What movie? American Psycho?

SpeedElement
10-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I think this can be my next car..

http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medialibrary/tagtsport_studiofrt.gif
http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medialibrary/tagtsport_studiorr.gif
http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medialibrary/tagtsport_hockenheim1.gif
http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medialibrary/tagtsport_hockenheim2.gif

evo_dadi
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
^^dayum looks good !!

EV0LL
10-18-2006, 06:15 PM
If that is the next GT2 then DROOOL :shock:

SpeedElement
10-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Thats Cayman S w/ Techart GT Sport treatment :)

EV0LL
10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Thats Cayman S w/ Techart GT Sport treatment :)

O

Heh, prolly costs like a GT2 then...do they at least put an lsd in it then, I hope..