PDA

View Full Version : Roseville 76 Station *fraud*

crapsstickman
06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
:x

This is some good info for all of those in Sacramento area. If you've been going to the 76 station off of Lead Hill and North Sunrise to get the 92 octane, STOP IMMEDIATLY!!!!

I talked with the cashier today. I was asking if this was the only 92 octane in Sacto. The cashier said "This is actually only 91 octane. We haven't changed the stickers yet." :roll:

All I can say is WTF! :evil: But that does explain why the 92 was about the same as the 91 from competitors...

vtluu
06-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Hmm, I'd heard about some people getting "92 octane" and wondered about that. Thanks for the information.

garrick70
06-03-2004, 10:09 PM
I just purchased gas from them tonight. :(

SilverBullet
06-03-2004, 11:00 PM
And I was lookin for that 76 station.....

Ricardon
06-04-2004, 07:09 AM
That sucks! Did you ask her if, or when they were going to get around to not mis-leading their customers?

Airgiod
06-04-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm UBER pissed about this cause I had been going out of my way to fill up there and recomending it to ppl

dmans_evo
06-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Yah, that was me :| ... It's all good though....let's start a petition and sue their asses :)

Buzzard
06-05-2004, 09:55 AM
You can file a complaint against them with that county's Office of Weights and Measure. They regulate everything tht has to do with the dispensing of fuel, including the quality @ http://www.dca.ca.gov/r_r/weights1.htm

While the County Weight and Measure office might not seem like they should be involved, that is one of their areas of regulation. As a matter of fact, since we haven't had 92 octane for a few years, they should have caught it already since they have to check the fuel pumps on a semi-regular basis.

You can also file with the Better Business Bureau @ www.bbb.org. At the very least they will recieve a negative report, which will be pubically available.

You can also send an email here: [email protected]
That is the email addy for ConocoPhillips (Union 76's parent company). This will at least make 76 aware of the stations actions.

Lastly, if your really serious, you can contact your local District Attroney's office and talk to them about filing a fraud complaint. Technically, that station is committing fraud by listing the fuel as 92 octane.

WRXTodd
06-05-2004, 12:36 PM
whoa!... who was that masked man named Buzzard, he was very informative. Does NorCalEvo have legal aid now?

dmans_evo
06-05-2004, 03:16 PM
WOW!! That was impressive buzzard :)

Ricardon
06-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah, nobody piss this guy off!! That's definitely a guy you want on your side!

Buzzard
06-06-2004, 10:22 AM

LOL, you guys have no idea! Wait till a troll erringly shows his face and I whip up a 10 page slam portraying his mental and sexual incompetence, complete with images. :wink:

Ricardon
06-06-2004, 01:54 PM

LOL, you guys have no idea! Wait till a troll erringly shows his face and I whip up a 10 page slam portraying his mental and sexual incompetence, complete with images. :wink:

HMMM! Kinda reminds me of how we deal with trolls on SoCalEvo hehehe! To quote Mark's sig on evolutionm.net: "SoCalEvo: where we kill all trolls".

CollinsT
06-07-2004, 09:13 AM
intersting, I drive by there all the time, but never get gast there

VadersSTi
06-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah, Chris recommended that 76 Gas Station to me about a month back and so I stopped by there the next day. I then decided to ask the store clerk if it was really 92 octane gas there were selling and they said it wasnt. But yeah, definitely false advertising. :(

MitsuMan
06-09-2004, 02:04 PM
uhh i highly doubt theres any 92 left out there nomatter the 91 is very close to the same performance i guess we'll all have to go to the 76 refinery in Waikiki to get the good stuff and bring back a tanker or two jk jk lol its would be more per gallon just think if you lived in Texas there isn't any 76 at all

warpspeed
06-09-2004, 02:16 PM
It's kinda like when you see a gas truck pulling into a Cheveron or any name brand station. Some to the trucks have no name on them, just the name Beneto on the truck door. So who really knows what kind of gas are we really getting. Is it really from Cheveron or Unocal76?????