PDA

View Full Version : Evo Car Cover

crapsstickman
06-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Well, Due to some roommate circumstances I've had to start parking my evo outside. This sux, 'cause all the dust and bird s#!* around here. So I call Mitsu dealer to get a quote on a car cover. They said somethin like $250 for the EVO cover. :shock:

So I'm just wondering if you guys know of any place that can order these cheaper? I really need to protect my baby from the enviroment. Give me some feedback!

vtluu
06-05-2004, 11:00 AM
For official Mitsubishi parts, try http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/ and http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/ (not the same!)

GReddy_917
06-05-2004, 05:00 PM
I beleive theres one on Ebay for sale brand new.

Black_EVO
06-06-2004, 12:28 AM
I have the Mitsu cover. I got it when I got my car because I didn't have a garage at the time. Now I do and don't realy need it. I would be willing to part with it. I don't know what the going rate is. It has only been used once. Just so I could see what it looks like. Practicly Brand new!! PM me with price.

TSi_2_EVO
06-06-2004, 02:04 AM
does anyone know of an aftermarket cover that will fit the cf wing and the RC car antenna

warpspeed
06-06-2004, 02:44 AM
With my experience with car covers. It is only good to put it on when the car is new. Meaning, after you wash/dry the car. I know, your probably saying," what are you talking about?'" Let me explain. When you put the cover on a clean car, of course there is no dust/dirt on it. But after driving the car a while, of course the car gets a little dirty even though the car looks clean. Now when you put the cover on the car, it will protect it from the bird crap and sun but when you take the cover off, it becomes sand paper. The cover will pick up the little dirt and attach it self to the cover. So after a while of putting on and taking off the cover, you are actually putting little scratches on your paint :shock: . Especially if you have a dark color car. If you think about it, how do you put on/take off the cover. You pull here, you pull there to make it fit, right? So what happens, scratches :? .

crapsstickman
06-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Good point. :?

But I really hate the dust and bird crap... But I don't want scratches... ok, now i'm torn.

solarxclipse
06-06-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm selling my car cover made by Coast Car Cover. Its a very good brand and comes with cable and lock. Brand new and still in the box. I only used it once to fitted the car. Its weather proof, breathable and wont scratch the car for any reason. My car was always garage so Im not going to need it. I bought it for $190 and will let it go for $175 shipped. Pm or email me if anyone interested.
Noel

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album20/Coast_Car_cover.sized.jpg

559EVO
06-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I better start saving cause Im gonna need one soon.

crapsstickman
06-08-2004, 09:26 PM
PM'd you Solarxclipse

MitsuMan
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
i can get good deals at cap mitsu if anyone in they san jose area wants anything i got my factory space suit for about 180

BluEvo
06-09-2004, 04:58 PM
how about a front bra, getting some pebble nicks here and there :cry: