PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing

warpspeed
06-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Hello guys/gals. I was wondering what kind/brand of tire dressing do you put on your tires. I have used three different ones and it all ends up putting black little spots on the side of the car. I followed all the directions, meaning wiping off any excess, but still it ends up on the side of the car. Maybe I should drive a little slower :? . Anyways, what do you guys use?

BluEvo
06-07-2004, 08:45 AM
black magic. i use that sponge wheel applicator, then dab on the wheels with a dry cloth or sponge. i know what u mean tho. when that stuff gets on the car, its not cool. it's greasy. :?

evo_dadi
06-07-2004, 11:47 AM
black magic. i use that sponge wheel applicator, then dab on the wheels with a dry cloth or sponge. i know what u mean tho. when that stuff gets on the car, its not cool. it's greasy. :?

same here :thumbsup: i usually do a couple of sprays for 2 tires on each side.

EvolvedDSM
06-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Spong applicators seem to be the key. Even if you use a rag to apply it, go back over it with a sponge to remove streaks and absorb the excess.

To answer your question: I use Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1002&SKU=11173) Vinyl and Rubber Dressing along with their blue detail sponge. I don't have any problems with it flinging off the tires and it gives a nice, clean finish.