PDA

View Full Version : toyota starlet with trueno swap?

06-07-2004, 09:38 AM
eh evo brotha, have a hard question for u guys
iam looking at a 1991 toyota starlet that been swap out with trueno engine, i wan to knwo the weight and spec of the car and trueno engine it self, cuz after watching project d, wan to drive a trueno powered car to c wat the hype all about? thnks for any info bros :roll:

nebolic
06-07-2004, 10:59 AM
go to www.club4ag.com i think you'll find all your answers there.

Nebo :)

BluEvo
06-07-2004, 11:02 AM
the hype is to drift that badboy, and plus it's an import classic.

Whooopasss
06-07-2004, 01:33 PM
trueno has a 4age.

There were some starlets that had 4age or 2tg engines sold in daly city for naround $3500 all flared up with compomotive rims and all.. you just need to wait for them to show up on diablo trader. You do know that they wont be smog legal right?

Just look for starlets that has a 4age engine..

06-07-2004, 03:04 PM
yah but the one i look at he claimed to be smog legal with paer showing that it legal swap

Whooopasss
06-08-2004, 12:36 PM
hmmm maybe it is, if they got the engine from a us spec car.. look at the plate on the firewall when they say it is smog leagal. It should show the a carb number and the engine type if it is legal. All of the starlet that I have seen that has an engine swap all all maxed out, meaning, twin carburators or turbo... that is why they are not smog legal anymore. Maybe it was legal... happy hunting.

GBmotorsports
06-21-2004, 07:48 PM
We use to make them and yes it can be smog legal, we even made the Check Engine Light work and speedo etc..

The reason for the flared Toyota Starlets is the rear diff conversion, it will not tuck in the fenders and must have a flare over the fenders to look okay and not silly. Thus the TRD box flare kit. ;)

I even owned one no flares and made it smog legal then sold it to a friend.

I did not buy the 4ag Starlet, I traded my mountain bike for it coz he wanted it lol. Guys name was Packoy from San Jose.

The hachi is by far a better drift car than the starlet, LSD on an 8 bolt rear drum diff cost way more than the 10 bolt rear disk that is OEM on a hachi. 8 bolt LSD's are rare period, too old of a car is why people convert it to an AE86 rear diff.

Hope this helps you out, I know it is a tad late for the reply but I just saw it.lol.

;)

gino

Whooopasss
06-22-2004, 10:25 AM
LOL!! you now pakoy??? LOL small world.. he has the spoon'd civic 4 door with the LS engine right? I havent seen that guy in months.. I should go visit him just to make "daldalan" (chat)

evo_dadi
06-22-2004, 12:07 PM
man i havent heard a name like that before like bentong or inggo ;)

hey gino i got a buddy that might see you there about his hachi,he itching to do some tweakin on his car.