PDA

View Full Version : went to the subaru dealer today

kataklyzm
06-07-2004, 08:58 PM
and man... did i get some shit for showing up in an evo. i went to go pick up some parts for work, and every word out of the salesman's mouth was "so you're gonna trade it in?" "oh you should trade it in". buncha turds. just needed to pick up some parts was all.

btw if anyone has seen, they are asking 43k for an STi
because the now come with a radio. wow.

BluEvo
06-07-2004, 09:35 PM
btw if anyone has seen, they are asking 43k for an STi because the now come with a radio. wow.
:shock: 43k!

evo_dadi
06-07-2004, 09:39 PM
lol i did that i while back when my wife was looking at the sti but i already know a guy there so all i got from the other sales guy was the evil look :)

vtluu
06-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Better be a damned good stereo system for $13k. :lol:

JanSolo
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
When I went to the Suby dealer when my wife and I were buying her WRX, all the dealers ended up crowding around the car and checking it out. They told me they see WRX's and STI's all day, but they never get to check out Evos. Which Subie dealership did you go to?

xchoirboy
06-08-2004, 06:49 AM
[quote="kataklyzm"]they are asking 43k for an STi [quote]

ouch - what are they stupid or what :roll:

SouthernCrane
06-08-2004, 07:26 AM

:crazyeyes:

DB8GSR
06-08-2004, 08:15 AM

:crazyeyes:

:barf: :axe:

kataklyzm
06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
When I went to the Suby dealer when my wife and I were buying her WRX, all the dealers ended up crowding around the car and checking it out. They told me they see WRX's and STI's all day, but they never get to check out Evos. Which Subie dealership did you go to?

i went to the one on stevens creek. i used to work for the guy that owns it. im only cool with the people from capitol tho...only 2 people at subie know me, so the rest give me shit. :P

oh btw, jan how much did you get your wrx for? i'm trying ot convince my gf to get one....she has pretty much given up on driving stick..

JanSolo
06-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Wife got her WRX for invoice. It was a fight to get it at that price, but I just pointed out that with so few customers, who were they to argue with us? They caved in and we got it for the price we wanted.

EVO GRIM
06-08-2004, 05:30 PM
....she has pretty much given up on driving stick..

Time to get a new gf? 8)
Thats good with a stick. :D

EvoVIII
06-08-2004, 06:19 PM
the Subaru in Redwood City have no mark up at all

kataklyzm
06-08-2004, 08:28 PM
yeah... i was looking for the deal jan got...invoice sounds good

btw, shes great, but she cant drive stick worth %$^*. she can drive it when its on flat ground, but when she had to back out of a parking lot that was sloped towards the curb.....my poor clutch :cry:

Mo Evo
06-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Every Monday morn I show up dutifully for tinting work at Marin Subaru. Their used to having a new Evo in their midst NOW, but the first time I came in with it, boy howdy were the remarks flying. Especially since I took an STI for a test drive a few days prior. I quelled all the talk by having the manager take my Evo for a short drive. He came back completely anamored of the car. BTW, no 'packs' on any of their cars, except the new Mazda 3 wagon at 995.00.

JanSolo
06-08-2004, 11:07 PM
yeah... i was looking for the deal jan got...invoice sounds good

The way we did it was to bring print outs from various web sites quoting the invoice prices of the WRX, the options, etc. Make sure to bring 2 copies - one for them and one for you, and by no means let them walk away with your copy. Also, go down there one time, look at the cars, even talk to salespeople, but don't buy that day no matter what. They will call you back. Just give it a few days before you go down there again. Then, when you finally do go back, make sure to bring all that lovely paper work with invoice prices and tell them "this price or no sale". No matter what - do not compromise. That is how we did it. ;)

nebolic
06-08-2004, 11:24 PM
also be a little number savvy, the sales like to play a number game with you called "How much do you want your monthly payments to be" you say hmm $400 bucks, they'll go okie and sign you up for like a 84 month loan at $400 bucks a pop/month (I'm exagaratting on the term amount) but you get my drift. Make sure you know how much you're gonna pay, if you finance it, the % rate and calculate your monthly payments from that. Don't let them fool you into their montly payment plan.

Nebo

MitsuMan
06-09-2004, 10:44 AM
yea dude kat i feel ya my girl friend had some warenty issues that i didn't want to deal with at the time so we took her rex down to stevens creek and after they checked out her (and her car) we got into my evo and before i could pull away i hear some anti evo remarks and i saw the guy that said it so when we picked up the car (for a wiring harness to the drivers pwr mirror that wasn't connected) I confronted the guy and he was like i just wanted to talk cause i own an sti sponcerd by STage motorsports and i said lets race and he said he wasn't fully done modding yet I was like yea whatever

JanSolo
06-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Oooh yer talking about TS. He is the salesman at Stevens Creek Subaru that owns an STI with all the Stage Motorsports stuff on it. He loves his STI, but apparently he does not know that an Evo has a lot more potential than a USDM STI.

MitsuMan
06-09-2004, 10:58 AM
thats the guy hes blond and tall anyway he's cool but he is shure trying hard to get his sti to handle like an evo and it never will

JanSolo
06-09-2004, 11:09 AM
He said his buddy owns an Evo, but his STI is faster. He really needs to see the thread on NASIOC with all the blown (aka popped) STI's to reconfigure his perspective. The Evo has much more potential - power and handling wise.

kataklyzm
06-09-2004, 04:45 PM
yeah.. i did that at mitsu.. it took a week and a half to get it, but it was worth the money. i would just try to avoid it if i can =P