PDA

View Full Version : Coolguy949's Accident...help him out!

socalieclipse
06-08-2004, 03:06 PM
For those of you who don't know, your awesome site administrator got in a pretty bad car accident yesterday. His Evo is completely totalled and going to be crushed pretty soon by insurance. This is your chance now to unite and help out a fellow friend and leader in need. He is at a HUGE loss right now financially. He may not be able to buy another Evo unless he stumbles across a lot of money.

First things first. He is doing ok, please dont bother him too much over IM.

Second, do NOT IM him and ask him for parts from his car. There couldnt be a less sensetive thing to do right now. What is left from his car, he is keeping, everything else is wrecked and not able to be sold. So please please please dont IM him and ask him for his seats or gauges or anything. If he is going to sell them, he will post them on here, otherwise, please assume he is keeping everything,

So here is the point to all this. Rob needs our help. If you find it in your heart to donate a little (or a lot, if you feel so inclined) bit of money, you can paypal them to [email protected]. Everything that I receive from this, I will post up who and how much I recieve as a thanks for your help to him. In 3 weeks from today, I am going to take everything that I got and write him one big check. If we can raise enough money, he might be able to get another Evo, so let's help him out...everything counts! I might get to take some pictures of his car later on, however right now it is still at the towing place and they wont let me until the insurance does their stuff there, but also dont ask him for any, because he doesn't have them.

So if you find it in your heart, please pay pal me any donation and everything is appreciated! [email protected]

Step up guys.....

chris
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
whoa :shock:

JanSolo
06-08-2004, 03:31 PM
I didn't believe Rob got into an accident when I first heard it. I thought it was a joke or something because Rob generally drives very mellow on the streets. But, after talking to him for hours yesterday, I can confirm this happened and he is messed up. So I am definitely going to make a donation to Rob ASAP and hopefully we can help him get another Evo.

06-08-2004, 03:44 PM
if he need a car, he can have my srt4, he does not have to pay me anything, except taking over payment for me, cuz i got this guy from sj wan to buy it from me, he gonna pay me 500, but if he wan he can have it without paying me, and i will help him set up loan and so on...iam tight on cash as every one know... soorrie dude, that suk wish him luck, or may be my gf wan to sell her evo to get damn accord, i keep this posted if any thing change

337drew
06-08-2004, 03:58 PM
how does buying him a new car solve anything? :roll:

RonV
06-08-2004, 04:57 PM
He's not hurt. He's going to be ok. I think that's great. You want me to help buy him a car?
I'm sorry, that's fucking stupid. I'm glad he's not hurt but, please.
Shit happens. Why don't you guys raise some money and help out the homeless in the city or something? I would gladly write a check for that.
Now Rob, I have never met you and I'm glad you are going to be ok. I really mean that. To be honest, it pisses me of how shallow and punitive it would be to help you buy a new sports car.

If he is going to loose his house because he can't work right now, I can see the point of sending cash, but for a new car, sorry.

NO DICE.

Let's get real guys.

06-08-2004, 05:19 PM
dude if u not gonan help out then dun post here
we just here trying to help a fellow norcalevo brotha
that wat community for, especially car community like norcal, it suk to c that a member ride got totaled, so i will help him wat i can and so on.

socalieclipse
06-08-2004, 06:28 PM
He's not hurt. He's going to be ok. I think that's great. You want me to help buy him a car?
Shit happens. Why don't you guys raise some money and help out the homeless in the city or something? I would gladly write a check for that.
Now Rob, I have never met you and I'm glad you are going to be ok. I really mean that. To be honest, it pisses me of how shallow and punitive it would be to help you buy a new sports car.

If he is going to loose his house because he can't work right now, I can see the point of sending cash, but for a new car, sorry.

NO DICE.

Let's get real guys.

Wow. Didn't expect to hear anything like that, but I'll gladly explain. Rob has been administering this site and SoCalEvo for about a year now. He doesn't get paid for what he does with this, despite all the time he pours into it. He and I work together at RL3 Motorsports, however we don't make much. I don't know that he really wants you to know his personal business, but just know that he is now out about $14,000 after insurance and all that stuff. What if he didn't have time anymore to maintain this site anymore and had to take it down cause he went and got a better paying job? Basically, he can't work right now cause he 1. Can't get to work easily 2. Can't be on his feet too long 3. Does so much here and elsewhere that it's a bit hard.

If you want to be a dick about it, you can send me hate mail, but please don't say stupid uninformed crap like that on a public board.

Oh, and about the helping the homeless. Many of those people are homeless cause they're lazy. So you'd rather help a lazy-ass person get a house than a hard working guy get a car again so he can keep helping other people out??? I can tell just by your post that you've never met Rob, cause then you'd understand how much he does for other people, and having a car is a big part of that cause he's awlays giving people rides, picking them up, doing errands for them, etc etc etc

evo_dadi
06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
WOW!! jan told me about this last night and i thought it was a joke also.but good to hear that robs in good condition.ill try to make some donations also.

vtluu
06-08-2004, 07:00 PM
[...]
Let's get real guys.
Well, if it were just anybody, I'd tend to agree with you. If it were me, totally--I'm well-paid and well-insured. Yes, shit happens, and we all learn to deal with it one way or another.

But as has already been pointed out, we wouldn't be here (on this site) at all if it weren't for the time, effort and--let's face it--money Rob has poured into it. (Don't fool yourself into thinking that the few banner ads we have cover all the costs--the cost of equipment and bandwidth required to keep this site and SoCalEvo going far exceed that.) Rob's done so much and asked for nothing. So how about showing just a tiny bit of appreciation to him in his hour of need?

I respect your right to disagree and I can understand your point of view, but I think you could have picked a better time and place for voicing your opinion.

nebolic
06-08-2004, 07:12 PM
I agree with Tam. It would be nice if members do post on this thread, to just express their condolences. If you like to make a donation you can PM Socalieclipse and talk privately, if you disagree you can also send Socalieclipse a PM. We'll see if we can come up with something for Rob since like Tam said, without him we all wouldn't be talking and posting here, so we do owe a lot to Rob.

Nebo

P.S Hope Rob gets better soon.

leaveit2bevo
06-08-2004, 07:35 PM

NO DICE.

Let's get real guys.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/leaveit2bevo/stfu2.jpg

BluEvo
06-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Good to hear that Rob is okay. Sorry to hear an Evo is downed. :cry: Don't have alot to give at the moment but, i'm gonna throw down what i can.

Rob, best of luck to a speedy recovery bro.

T

EvoVIII
06-08-2004, 08:39 PM
hmm I understand what you guys are trying to say , I will help out

kataklyzm
06-08-2004, 08:40 PM
woah...sorry for the late response, i just noticed this sticky on the OT forums.

glad to hear you're okay rob (even tho we have never met)
how far is the goal? i'm pretty broke right now but i'll be glad to help out where i can.

Ricardon
06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
RonV, seriously, why post? The post was worded well enough to hint at some degree of intelligence...so you have to know that coming on and posting stuff like that would get your FUCKING THROAT RIPPED OUT!! Sense a little e-rage here? Split before I get really pissed...back to your daddy, that ass faced fag that the 10 gazillion C&D readers know as Shiv!

GokuSSJ4
06-08-2004, 09:03 PM
hope you feel better Rob !! will help out with what i can .

Temjin
06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
I had gotton into an accident with my evo, and its a very scary thing to hit another vehicle as you are losing control. i'm sure Rob's emotions are hurt, but he should be happy that he is physically okay-cant put a monetary value on your physical health and well-being. As mentioned, he is the reason that socal and norcalevo community exists, which somewhat justifies his donation fund. I know this is a sensitive issue to Rob's friends, but i think one of the posters did not know who Rob was and was created out of ignorance, and a response of threats and vulgarity should not be warrented nor does it help Rob's cause. I will be willing to help Rob out, and I hope that he comes back with a new and improved version of the evo.

kataklyzm
06-08-2004, 10:11 PM
yeah...now we can help rob get into an MR :D

06-08-2004, 10:28 PM
DID THE ADMIN EDIT MY POST? UMM I WAN HIM TO READ THAT , OH WELL SORRIE FOR THE ANGER

Ricardon
06-08-2004, 10:31 PM
your post looks ok to me man!

evo_dadi
06-08-2004, 10:41 PM
that was me :) i know 009 had to express his opinion also but got a little too hot ;)

socalieclipse
06-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Someone asked about the goal for how much to raise. You know honestly, there is no "goal", just whatever we can raise. In all honesty, if people step up, I'd like to see maybe 5k raised that we can give to him. I don't even drive an evo and I don't really post on these boards much, I am just really close to Rob. I used to post on DSMTuners a lot and when just a mod got in an accident, us cheap DSMers raised over 6k in donations to help him out. I know that most Evo guys have more money than us cheap DSM guys. It's cool that everyone wants to help him out, but I've only gotten one response so far :-/

MitsuMan
06-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Hell yea I m rich especially after buying an evo anybody else want one. no? ok seriously i will be happy to throw down a couple hun if I knew what this was all about I got into an accident and it sucked does anybody want to give me money? wait i didn't tell you it was my fault and i was doing twice the legal speed limit. :wink: Basically i need more info on this one before I just fork over some cash to I guy I don't know Will someone please post the story and give some details the police report would also be very helpfull Oh and i better get cussed out for this or somethings wrong. :?

Whooopasss
06-09-2004, 11:02 AM
What Mitsuman Said.. Dint he have Gap insurrance?
And come on guys, this is a public board, so Rev is entitled to his opinion. Not everyone knows the guy that had an accident. Now everyone is jumping on Rev's ass for his comments.. you guys give invitations to all evo owners you see on the road to come and join the site, and when they get here and express there own opinion, you chew his ass out with out the benefit of an explanation? Calm down guys, be nice.. it is suppose to be a friendly site. Convince Rev that it is the right thing to do, and not chase him out of the board. Convert him, not shoo him away..

Just pulled money out of my paypal account just before I read this, as soon as people pay me on paypal gain, I'll paypal you something.. it wont be much, but it will all add up..

JanSolo
06-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Ok lemme explain since I don't think was all very clear.

1. Rob is what is commonly referred to as "between jobs". Keep that in mind.
2. I personally don't want to buy the guy a new Evo. But I would like to help him pay his deductible which is pretty high.

So, if we put his job status into perspective and we take into account his lack of gap insurance, well things might change a little. I am not gonna give him thousands of dollars myself since I am too poor, but any amount to help pay for deductible would help.

Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. I should have stepped in sooner and made this more clear.

Whooopasss
06-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Just read this from socalevo

"Just to clear it up, he wasn't speeding and he wasn't farting around" socal had more info..

"He was in the hospital for about 6 hours yesterday just making sure everything was ok. He has a really bruised up shoulder and left knee and he is pretty down"

"it was raining and he was going around a turn in his neighborhood, and the tires slipped and he hit a truck"

Whooopasss
06-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Glad you posted.. now it is clear, this is not a "buy a new evo" thing and it is more to help out a guy who has real needs. all the while I was led to belive that the money is to buy a new car..I'm in.. Paypal you soon.. hope he gets better.. Rev.. dont you think this is a good cause???

Ok lemme explain since I don't think was all very clear.

1. Rob is what is commonly referred to as "between jobs". Keep that in mind.
2. I personally don't want to buy the guy a new Evo. But I would like to help him pay his deductible which is pretty high.

So, if we put his job status into perspective and we take into account his lack of gap insurance, well things might change a little. I am not gonna give him thousands of dollars myself since I am too poor, but any amount to help pay for deductible would help.

Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. I should have stepped in sooner and made this more clear.

socalieclipse
06-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah sorry guys, I should have been more specific. No, Rob does not have gap insurance. He is gonna have some issues to work out for a while. Aside from the car situation, which can be replaced or substituted, he is gonna have to heal, deal with insurance raping him, hope he doesn't get sued...etc, etc.

Basically, he was driving home from the gym. Like he was literally one street away from his house. It had started raining about 20min before the accident and the roads were obviously slippery and with Azenis (those of you who have them know) their wet traction is below-par (which Rob didn't really know). He had two witnesses that filed on the Police report that he wasn't speeding or driving crazy. Going around a curve in the road, his rear tires hit the pain in the middle and his backend stepped out. He overcorrected and went into a spin on the wrong side of the road. If there weren't a truck coming down the street in the other direction, he would have been fine, just scratched his wheels or something, seeing as he was only going about 35mph. But there was a big gardening-style truck going down the hill. He hit his backend, then spun him around and pretty much ran over his front end. Rob had to muscle the door open, as the impact pinched the doors. He limped to the curb, called 911, then called me. He's limping around his house right now.

If you want any more details, just ask and I'll let you know. Sorry again that I didn't give more info, I wrote this in a hurry cause I was on my way to his house, so I didn't think through it enough....

Whooopasss
06-09-2004, 02:33 PM
He might also need a good lawyer.. can anyone hook him up with one?

Ricardon
06-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Sorry for the outburst all! I was obviously frustrated, and actually very upset by the whole thing. I consider Rob to be a very good friend of mine, hell we started SoCalEvo together with Dino. It is what it is I guess, I'm just not a big fan of the people who post things of that nature. Not that he was hazing Rob or anything, but if you don't agree with a topic, you don't always need to post. In this particular instance it's a little more than posting an opposite opinion, more like antagonistic behavior. If it wasn't meant to be that way, I apologize...if it was, my position still stands.

Back on topic, I wouldn't expect anyone to do this kind of thing for me, mostly because I'm an asshole. That being said, Rob is just about the only person who I would even consider helping out in a scenario like this. And the EOC is going to donate some change to help him out. We'll call it a good investment for the business, hey, we need all the EVO's at the track we can get. Bad joke...ok. There are also a couple of members here in SoCal including myself who are letting Rob run their cars at the next event so he can still participate with the rest of us, he's earned at least that much!

coolguy949
06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone sorry i havent posted lately. I've been out of it all week. Ive had some weird strain of the flu since friday and before then it hurt my knee too much to sit here at the computer and do anything.

I really want to thank everyone for doing this fund raiser thing to help me out, i really really appreciate it from the deepest part of my heart. It means so much to me. For everyone wondering, i'm doing much better now. I'm going tomorrow to an orthopedic surgeon to see if they need to fix my knee with surgery or something. My knee went through the dash or the car and smacked the bottom of the steering column and gauge cluster. My steering column is in peices and my gauge cluster is broken in half from the impact of my knee. I couldnt even walk for days because i had very limited movement of the joint and it was really swollen. I have full motion now, but it sometimes hurts with a lot of pressure or when i try to walk fast. I'm covered in bruises and i ache all over. Yesterday i went to the spa to try and relax some of the muscle tension....it worked for the most part.

I'll be hearing from insurance this week about my car and how much i'm going to get compensated from the total loss adjuster. I've already been evo shopping and I seriously cant find anything USED for less than 26,995. The insurance company told me their compensation is negotiable so i'll show them that i cant replace my evo for less than 26,995 and they should be cool with that. I'm kinda worried i'm going to get a citation for "Unsafe Speed for Conditions" ....if that happens i'll need to fight it since i have 2 witnesses that said i was not going fast. Infact, the car was still in second gear after the accident and i hardly ever wind the RPMs out so I know i wasnt going fast. I hydroplaned and try to correct but i couldnt stop drifting in to the other lane and a truck came and hit me head on within milliseconds (the turn is kind of a blind one so I didnt see the truck until it was too late).

Anyways....thanks everyone for your prayers and the kind PMs i received from several members. We'll see how this all goes in the next couple weeks. Hopefully i can get back in an evo soon.

Rob

evo_dadi
06-14-2004, 05:28 PM
sounds good rob :peace: :peace: now time for those looooong sessions with the therapist ;) i had to drive my wife to her therapist when she had her accident before and all i heard from her is her hating the therapists for making her do some motion exercise.

gaughtboost
06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
dude that sucks, i hope that ur doing better. i know how it feels... trust me!

leif
06-21-2004, 06:40 AM
sorry to hear rob. unfortunatly i don't see where this need to send money comes from... i didn't get any checks in the mail with my name on it when i crashed. your insurance will take care of your car, insurance will rape you though, but think about it this way.. yours is still better than mine lol.

oh and good thing dino is your friend, other wise you mite not be adminning the site anymore, since, you know, you don't have an evo anymore.

if you need anything let me know, but i know you have a lot of friends that will help you through this. it sux, but it gets better.

coolguy949
06-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Leif, i honestly didnt expect anything like this. I am very grateful to those who donated. Sorry about the bad blood we have now after the whole dino and you incident. You know how i felt about the whole matter.

Anyways......

My poor poor evo :(

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album180/Image_21.jpg

more pics here:
http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album180&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

ob4
06-24-2004, 06:41 PM
holly smokes!!! that's pretty bad :shock: is the cam gears are off, so i guess the head is also gone. were you able to salvage any parts?

Sorry about your lost!

-ob4

GokuSSJ4
06-24-2004, 07:34 PM
* speechless *

BluEvo
06-25-2004, 12:09 PM
:huh:

coolguy949
06-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey everyone, got my new Evo!!!!

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album183/DCP_0079.sized.jpg

It was a journey just to find one. Red wasnt my first choice but I got an awesome deal! I just hit 1800 miles on it and I got it for $25K from someone that never drove it and wanted to sell it instead of have it sit in his garage!

Thanks everyone for donating!!!!! I'm speechless.......

leif
06-25-2004, 12:25 PM
damn that was fast... congrats. i'm still evoless after almost 5 months.

vtluu
06-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Yay, congrats Rob, welcome to the red Evo club! :D

evo_dadi
06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
woot woot!!!

GokuSSJ4
06-25-2004, 09:11 PM

are you planing to get one ??
are you waiting for the MR :wink:

solarxclipse
06-26-2004, 12:54 AM
Wow, congrats on your new car. Im so happy for you.

leif
06-26-2004, 03:17 AM

are you planing to get one ??
are you waiting for the MR :wink:

yes - next week
no

GokuSSJ4
06-26-2004, 09:28 AM
cool , glad that you are purchasing another Evo :wink:
what color do you have in mind ? and is it an Evo 04 or an RS

leif
06-26-2004, 12:40 PM
black... no roof/leather

but this is robs thread, we can whore up mine when i get it.

Ricardon
06-26-2004, 06:00 PM
That's Goku for you...he does this to EVERY thread!!

coolguy949
07-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks everyone so much for the donations! I mean it from the deepest part of my heart. This REALLY helped in paying for the crazy deductible I have. If there's anything I can do for you, let me know!!

Buzzard
07-13-2004, 08:56 AM
black... no roof/leather

Wow, a convertible Evo, cool! :lol:

webguy330i
07-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey Rob, nice to see you on the forums finally! Glad everything turned out ok in the end, how is the rehab going or did you need it at all?