Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: M4 Tune's EVO VIII/IX

Quote Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST View Post
    I am subscribing for when someone's motor pops from all this VDR tuning jazz.
    What's VDR?

Virtual Dyno Room. A computer program that tries to simulate a dyno.
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Not to perpetuate any flamewar but does M4 use any sort of dyno? I'm talking about the type that you either strap your car to or that you attach to the hubs. Honest question here.
    i do mostly Road Tune, and use this to get the "estimated" whp (simulating GST Mustang Dyno). Dyno Tune is an option, i use Ditos Motors (Dynomite Dyno). but since i get off from work @5pm everyday and have to drive 1hr just to get home the Road is the only option.......
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST View Post
    I am subscribing for when someone's motor pops from all this VDR tuning jazz.
    ill put my Personal car 1st on the list. @86k miles and 30psi. But i dont see why would a VDR blow a motor its just a "tool"
    2003 Evolution VIII

Edited after clarification from Jay.
    Last edited by JDMevoBOOST; 05-05-2010 at 09:51 AM.

t00ned by Bryan@GST

I was wondering how M4 had a dyno in that "showroom"/"garage" of theirs. LOL

VDR? No offense Jay because I like you man. You helped me with my ride and I think your genuinely a nice fellow.

But, that is ghetto. I mean that in the nicest way possible, bro. That is seriously ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Silver View Post
    hey hey hey no messing with Jay! that top graph is mine with the 304whp/302tq and Jay damn sure knows that hes doing....every time I see him my car runs way better.
    hey if anyone got a problem with him we can settle this on the asphalt

with the mods I have 304whp/302tq shouldn't even be possible (according to some shops no names )
    Im still on the stock 2003 evo 8 turbo with 91 octane and nothing ported. and except for a turbo back exhaust 2.75, CAI, 750cc injectors and 264/264 cams there is not 1 other engine mod on there.

Jay keep up the AMAZING work!
    Er, excuse me, there are tons of Evos out there that make that sort of power. It's interesting you would believe that you some how have a brilliant car after those mods and a tune. I made 295hp/280tq WITHOUT Cams, Injectors or CAI. And i'm confused here. How did you get the actual numbers? I ask because even between dynos there are a lot of differences and they all read differently. In fact if i'd gone to a Dynojet i'm pretty sure my numbers would be inflated by another 2%-5%.

I don't know Jay (haven't met him) and neither will I go out of my way to yet. I go to nearly all of the Bay Area Evo meets each week and frankly barely hear anything good (not to say there isn't). I've done this for nearly the last 2 years, so I figure I'm atleast in the Know. You may now choose to counter that my experience is but hear say from local no-bodies who know nothing about their cars. However I don't believe I've met you and atleast can claim that I use my Evo in motorsports activities (where our tunes matter the most). I've run with most of the major HPDE organizers (10 events in the last six months), know most of the Evo owners that go, and partake in Auto-X heavily enough to know all of our local SCCA/UFO champions personally. So please. Atleast speak from a cultured (and hopefully, educated) standpoint when claiming numbers and adoration for your tuner.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to add. After I got my cams in I'm making 326bhp/305tq
    Last edited by GreenSpeed; 05-04-2010 at 10:04 PM.

2004 Evo 8: 291whp / 276wtrq / 91 oct / 22 PSI
    EmperorEvoClub.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST
    SpeedElement

Removed comment now that we have got clarification from Jay.
    Last edited by JDMevoBOOST; 05-05-2010 at 09:50 AM.

t00ned by Bryan@GST

Quote Originally Posted by dl_EVO View Post
    Oh yeah, LOL at PhoPower's pic. I love how the WHP loops! It must be pull like a rollercoaster!!

ROFL LOLWTFBBQZ
    LoL the "Loops" are cause when my gt45r switches over to the gt65r :ROFL:

I'm F5'ing this thread like a mad man.