Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good to have a copy in your glove box.

Default Good to have a copy in your glove box.

Thanks for the info.
    -=-=-=PRINTED and HOLDING a COPY in the glovebox.=-=-=-
    Now, I have to memorize it.
    :mrgreen:
    These days CHP is pulling imports for any kind of excuse
    example: "Umm.. your car is too silent, and is that a modified exhaust!"

:yuckfu:

you are lucky that he let you go. I have showed this bulliten to plenty of officers, even had it looked at by two judges, and none of them accepted it as legit. Everyone said that I could have printed this at home on my PC. Even when I argued for them to check the bulliten number for themselves, no one would do so. I guess it has to do with the cop himself.
    How Does It Feel to Always Come In Second Place?
    <br />
    <br />mitsubishi_3

You could have filed a citizen's complaint towards the judge or the officers for not doing their job, and have your ticket extended until all the facts are in.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

cops hate the sight of the evo. it sickens them it is everythign they hate. thats why i get pulled over while going at speed limit with an stock looking car and one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts.
    vishnu stage 1++
    <br />hks 272 cams
    <br />custom tuned vishnu exede
    <br />vishnu cam gears
    <br />vishnu tubo back exhaust
    <br />custom tuned xede
    <br />walbro 255 fuel pump
    <br />jic flta2 coilovers
    <br />exedy twin plate clutch
    <br />10.5mm hotside
    <br />cusco race diffs (front and back)
    <br />ssr competitions
    <br />255 toyo ra-1s

vtluu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vishnu_evo8
    cops hate the sight of the evo. it sickens them it is everythign they hate. thats why i get pulled over while going at speed limit with an stock looking car and one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts.
    I dunno, that's a bit much. I agree some cops may be that way but others can be pretty cool... I think you can easily find both kinds of stories here.

Thx for putting up the info warpspeed, now I need to check if there are any CARB legal exhaust for Evo

Got my Works Exhale AB installed on Friday, and a copy of this was put in my glovebox the same day!!! Thanks!
    Please donate to the &quot;Help Kimmie buy an Evo fund&quot; Lolz!<br /><br />Coming soon possibly...another Evo! I can&#039;t shake the evo disease!<br /><br />

just wanted to let you guys know that i read somewhere that they changed the law. it says that the officer pulling you over doesn't need a decibel meter and it's in the officer's discretion if the the exhaust is too loud.

just FYI

if i can find the link, i will post it.

-john

All I have to say that it is bull crap. :x

It's true - it is up to the officer. But - and this is a hassle, the burden of proof then lies with you, as you have to now prove that your exhaust is under the legal limit.

It's interesting how they pick and choose how to enforce laws. Police must have a quantifiable method to prove how fast you were going (radar gun for example), yet when it comes to exhaust noise, they can decide based upon their limited, inaccurate perspective without any evidence to back it up.