Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good to have a copy in your glove box.

Default Good to have a copy in your glove box.

Well I feel that I should share my incident with all the members. Rumors has it that the CHP are targeting imports for practically every little thing. At first I thought it wasn't true, well.............it's true. This is the second time that I was stopped for a modified exhaust. The first was in my Evo and today I was stopped for a "modified" exhaust in the Civic. Funny, I have had my R*SR exhaust for more than 10 years now and this was the first time they stopped me. I was driving early this morning near SFO and this CHP started following me. From experience I knew he was looking for something around my car to pull me over. Well he pulled me over and started saying that he was pulling me over for a "modified" exhaust. At first he started all cocky, with both hands on his belt. He said that it was illegal to modify my exhaust. So I started being cocky too by saying that: "this is an '89 Civic do you think that anybody(shop) will have a stock exhaust for this car?" To make a long story short, I showed him the CHP bulletin: http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8133 and from the look on his face, he probably thought that this was an "in-house" bulletin and no one in the general public would know it. He felt stupid. I even had to explain the guidelines about citing vehicles with aftermarket exhaust. So for all you guys that have an aftermarket exhaust, go the this web site and print it out and keep it in your glove box, because if the officer doesn't follow the guidelines, the citation is not valid. Unless off course you really have a loud as "tin-can" sounding exhaust. :?
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

Steve and Caleb- my auto x buddies got pulled over in the 2002 with a Super Trapp on it..

The exhaust ends right under the drivers seat- under the car.
    It's loud as hell.

We were all working on the car decided to "take it for a spin."
    Bad idea a 11.30 pm..with Steve and Caleb in the 2002 and me and Mike on a Yamaha bike behind them..

It was just stupid to drive around a little loud race car at night.

[/list]

What year is that 2002? Isn't it pre-78 it doesn't matter wtf is up with the exhaust?
    '06 GG IX GSR

Default 2002

It's a 1970 BMW 2002. It should run in FSP at local SCCA events but FSP is dead so it runs in DSP and is pretty competitive.
    It runs in Gonzo at BMWCCA events...

2002 Mods
    Suspension:
    • Shortened Strut Coilovers
    • Bilstein Sports Shocks
    • 400lb/350lb front/rear springs
    • Adjustable Camber Plates
    • 22mm hollow front sway bar
    • 22mm solid rear sway bar
    • Front strut tower brace
    • Rear strut tower brace/battery holder
    • Urethane suspension bushings
    • 13x7.5 8lb Lenso wheels
    • 225/45R13 Hoosier Tires

Drive train:

• Crane HI-6 ignition
    • Pertronix Igniter
    • Dual DCOE 40 side drafts
    • RamFlo air filters
    • Balanced Internal Engine Parts
    • Ported head
    • Aluminum flywheel
    • Sports Clutch
    • 40% lock up Limited Slip Differential
    • Ireland Engineering Header
    • MagnaFlow glass packs

thanks for the info
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

The exhaust is screaming loud..
    Other than that bullshit excuse he said he couldnt see our tail lights..
    Well, the genius cop told us to TURN OFF THE CAR...and the lights go off too!!
    Schmuck.
    He let us all go after a 10 minute lesson on old bimmers.
    He then left us only to immediately pull someone over on the other side of the street.
    Life Lesson - Don't speed in Daly City- or even drive at that.

******copied and now in the glove box******
    >>>>>>>sank you betty much<<<<<<
    To be old and wise......you must first be young and stupid..yah race away

im gonna sticky this so everybody can get a print of it and have a copy in their car.

I copied it, read it, memorized it, and stuffed it in my glove box! Thanks for the info!!

10. Default Good to have a copy in your glove box.

"A turbocharger is not considered a muffler."

WHAT??
    -TylerO@WORKS<br /><br />Live without compromise.<br /><br />www.worksmitsu.com<br />Ph.: 415.226.2500