Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to/DIY: Flush Coolant

Default Re: General Maintenance: Coolant

NICE! i am going to be using this one day. so TIA!!

Not that it really matters but all I see are "x" instead of pictures.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

vtluu Guest

A lot of us used the NorCalEvo gallery to host images, those were blown away (to be restored eventually, I hope) during the software move.

I'm going to *try* to do this this weekend so I can get my 42DD thermostat housing installed. I know I keep saying that, but I mean it this time!

I noticed that you didn't add in a "flush" step. I used to do flushes on my hondas when I changed out the coolant. I have 24K on the clock...think a flush is necessary?
    2008 WW Evo X GSR SSS - GReddy Ti-C Cat-back-Work XT7 18x9.5 +20 -Nisei Engineering Matte Black UICP - Works Shifter Bushings-Works Ride Springs-K&N Drop In -GST Boost Pill

Digitally Remastered by Bryan@GST
    Current Powah: 305 whp/305wtq on GST Dyno.
    www.gstmotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boostd4
    I noticed that you didn't add in a "flush" step. I used to do flushes on my hondas when I changed out the coolant. I have 24K on the clock...think a flush is necessary?
    It's kinda hard to flush all the old coolant out of the block if you don't take your water pump off. You can drain your radiator, fill it up completely w/ distilled water, run your engine, and then drain it again. Doing this several times should get most of the old stuff out.

IMO, if your coolant comes out clean, a flush isn't necessary. I just change my coolant more often (every 10k), which is probably equivalent or better to a "flush" every 30k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostd4
    It's kinda hard to flush all the old coolant out of the block if you don't take your water pump off. You can drain your radiator, fill it up completely w/ distilled water, run your engine, and then drain it again. Doing this several times should get most of the old stuff out.

IMO, if your coolant comes out clean, a flush isn't necessary. I just change my coolant more often (every 10k), which is probably equivalent or better to a "flush" every 30k miles.
    Yeah, I kinda had the same thought. So, after reading the previous posts it sounds like its pretty much personal preference on which anti-freeze you use. I was under the impression that we had to use Mitsu's stuff (oh god, the horror of the old Audi days), but its good to hear that I have options.
    2008 WW Evo X GSR SSS - GReddy Ti-C Cat-back-Work XT7 18x9.5 +20 -Nisei Engineering Matte Black UICP - Works Shifter Bushings-Works Ride Springs-K&N Drop In -GST Boost Pill

Digitally Remastered by Bryan@GST
    Current Powah: 305 whp/305wtq on GST Dyno.
    www.gstmotorsports.com

haha, I posted here back in May and I still haven't done my coolant... Anyone here also remove the plug in the cylinder block like the FSM mentions?

Quote Originally Posted by Matz
    haha, I posted here back in May and I still haven't done my coolant... Anyone here also remove the plug in the cylinder block like the FSM mentions?
    you do that fuel pump yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AreSTG
    Quote Originally Posted by Matz
    you do that fuel pump yet?
    Yah! Check out the post, I updated it...

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?o...&topic=10584.0