Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What brand of coolant do you use?

Default Re: What brand of coolant do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by atlvalet
    Like a year? Six months? Just seriously curious.
    Honestly I am not really sure. It happened on my car and now that I don't run it anymore I haven't seen it again. Honestly I thought it was kinda weird too. Ty@RRE confirmed it as well.

Could be wrong who knows...

Between Ty and you saying that, I believe it. So, you won't run Water Wetter anymore?
    >Subaru owners are a bunch of vaginas--Forced Performance on NASIOC<

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/Article-004.asp

The article above suggests the opposite: that WW prevents corrosion. Hmm. For what it's worth I've never encountered rust particles when draining my water+WW solution from my car, but YMMV.
    Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. &quot;Tam&quot<br />Vital Motorsports<br />eXtreme Performance<br />Sponsored by WORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Matz
    I run 30% Prestone, 70% distilled water. The chemistry behind how I came up with that exact formulation is a little complicated, so I won't try to explain it here.
    ditto for my mix.

So premixed stuff is OK? Or is mixing the coolant to distilled water the best choice?

Quote Originally Posted by lqdchkn
    Quote Originally Posted by Matz
    I run 30% Prestone, 70% distilled water. The chemistry behind how I came up with that exact formulation is a little complicated, so I won't try to explain it here.
    ditto for my mix.
    I used half a bottle of Water Wetter, 1/2 gallon of Amsoil coolant, and the rest is Arrowhead distilled water. Nothing but the best for my kaa

If you're running water wetter, you should use 1/3 coolant or less, otherwise you're negating the effects of the water wetter.
    05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR - 3&quot; TBE with Cat. Stock boost control system. 260whp / 260 lb-ft torque<br />92 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD

using premixed ok?

Quote Originally Posted by turbotiger
    If you're running water wetter, you should use 1/3 coolant or less, otherwise you're negating the effects of the water wetter.
    Well, doesn't 2 quarts of coolant + approx 4 quarts of distilled water = 1/3 coolant?

10. Default Re: What brand of coolant do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by oneillevo
    So premixed stuff is OK? Or is mixing the coolant to distilled water the best choice?
    Premixed stuff is fine, assuming the coolant part of it is the right one for your car.

It's just the most expensive water you'll ever buy. The premix stuff is more expensive than regular coolant and is mostly water. Distilled water is less than $1/gallon from your local supermarket.
    [size=10pt]Viet-Tam Luu (&quot;Tam&quot[/size]<br />Extreme Performance<br />43 S. Capitol Ave., San Jose - 408-923-6404