Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: price

Default price

I live in san jose and im planning on purchasing an evo from either capitol or stevens creek mitsubishi. How much did you purchase your evo for? $ down %apr monthly payments? any thoughts on the two dealers? .. if not are there any other places that would be recommended?

thanks in advance

Default price

They are technically the same place since they are owned and operated by the same people. If you decide to go to Stevens Creek Mitsu, let me know. I know a salesman there that is decent who will probably be willing to give you invoice for the Evo.

Otherwise, I recommend going to San Rafael Mitsubishi. The owner, Snorre, is a big Evo fan and is having Works Rally make a race car for his son and himself. A lot of people on the EvoM forums have gone to him and reported that it has been very positive.

Default price

i bought mines from stevens creek. i guess best place would be at san rafeal. but if you decide to purchase it at stevens creek ask for Montye Puma. she was the one that help me out. i put down 3gs, APR not sure but i know it's high, and $567 with extended warrenty a month for 5yrs. but since my parents are gonna get their share from selling one of their stocks i might be paying off my car pretty soon
    www.chrishophotos.com [photoblog]<br />member of DFINED.ORG

Default price

For the 03 , something decent would be 1500 below MSRP . Like some one said if there are able to get you an Evo for invoice price thats a great deal !!
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

vtluu Guest

Default price

I bought my '01 Eclipse from Stevens Creek Mitsu but subsequent experience (i.e. them ripping me off) have convinced me never to do business with them again, if I can at all help it.

Also, there's the infamous $20k markup that Capitol Mitsubishi once did that people are still peeved about.

I got my Evo from Hayward Mitsubishi back in September. Paid $1k below MSRP and I'll be the first to say my negotiating skills aren't that great. The place looks kinda run down but so far I've only had good experiences dealing with them, so I suggest going over there (it a short drive up 880) and talking to them. Can't remember my sales guy's name at the moment... Anyway tell them I sent you.

Default price

Thanks for the info. I will most likely go and check out stevens creek this weekend, if not the following.

I have a few questions:
    How is the stock sound system? Bass? Clearity? etc.
    Has anyone heard anything about the 04 EVO? It is worth waiting for or should I just get an 03.

and a personal question if you don't mind,
    how old are you? I bet I'm one of the youngest ones here

I used to drive an 03 IS300 which I totalled IS300, very nice car. May not perform up to sports car in the same price range but it had a smooth ride and as well as luxury. But, now it's time for me to pick a new toy.

I've been back and forth between the EVO and the RX-8.

I love the RX-8's appearance, exterior and interior are equally stunning. From what I've heard, it has excellent handling as well. But there were definitely some downpoints as well. The most important, to me at least, was the lack of power. You've all probably heard about the recall from Mazda overrating HP on the RX-8. They changed it to 238, which I still think is pushing it a bit. Many RX-8 owners have been dynoing around 180-190, about a 18% drivetrain loss. Even if, it would only be around 220. RX-8 owners have also been getting horrible mileage, I've seen as low as 13. Anyway, enough of the RX-8. I've decided to go with the EVO mainly because I love the way it looks, and of course the amazing performance. The interior may not be up to par with some of the other cars but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. After driving the IS300, I decided that I wanted something fast

I also took a look at the Z/G35, S2K, and STi.

The Z and G35 Coupe are both great cars, but fully loaded, they are both a little out of the price range I was going for. I have a friend who owns a Z and another who owns a G35 Coupe, both took theirs at about 40K out the door.

The S2K is a great car as well but I had my insurance quote the rate for it and it turned out higher than I wanted to pay for.

I know the STi and the EVO are close competitors but the deciding factor for me was definitely the looks. I really don't feel the STi's appearance at all. IMHO, it's an ugly car.

edit;
    BTW, JanSolo, I'm in Cupertino too I live about 2 minutes from Stevens Creek Mitsubishi.

Default price

i got mines from capital around october. got it fer about 31,500 fer the wing, moonroof, and it had to come from LA b/c they didn't have any blue evos. also got the prestige coating, shift knob and pedals, 5 yr warranty, lojack, nose mask and i got them to throw in this lil blue evo 7 model car. i don't know what that all equals out to but it should be less now b/c the depreciation w/ a new year. oh, and my apr came out to 3.9, but the dealership gave like a 4.25 er a 4.5 and mah dad did the rest thru credit union.

vtluu Guest

Default price

Quote Originally Posted by jfx
    How is the stock sound system? Bass? Clearity? etc.

Has anyone heard anything about the 04 EVO?

how old are you?
    Sounds system is mediocre. Jan replaced his speakers so we got the chance to check out the stock units at the last meet in Gilroy. Cheap paper cones. I'd say clarity is not too bad, bass is pretty weak (even for me, and I don't like "boomy" bass). For me it's "good enough" for the time being but I wouldn't mind upgrading to better speakers at least (no subwoofer unit for me, thankyouverymuch). :?

As far as I've heard, for the US the 04 Evo is the same as 03, except for the Evo RS which is a stripped-down version (really only if you're going to use the Evo as a race-only car you tow to events).

As for age, we have a whole thread/poll on the topic. I turned 29 Saturday.

I know the STi and the EVO are close competitors but the deciding factor for me was definitely the looks. I really don't feel the STi's appearance at all. IMHO, it's an ugly car.
    Agree with you there, but to each his own I guess.

BTW, the Mitsu tech I was chatting with this morning (while doing a road test for my synchro issue) mentioned that he'd been to Capitol Mitsu a few weeks back for some training thing, and that they had "over 20" Evos in the back lot. That may give you some bargaining leverage. But still I say don't go to either Capitol or Stevens Creek... bastards! :roll:

Default price

Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    As far as I've heard, for the US the 04 Evo is the same as 03, except for the Evo RS which is a stripped-down version (really only if you're going to use the Evo as a race-only car you tow to events).
    I thought I read that the 04s had leather Recaro and an Infinity stereo upgrade option?

vtluu Guest

Default price

Good point. I'd take better speakers but would want an MP3-capable stereo so would end up replacing the head unit anyway (unless the Infinity does MP3--the one in my '01 Eclipse didn't).

As for leather, in my Eclipse it was a PITA to clean and condition to keep it supple. It's too cold in winter, too hot in summer--especially if you're driving bare-assed.