Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am getting a new Evo!

Default I am getting a new Evo!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_dadi
    i guess jan doesnt want to get behind on the 24th
    Well it was either I get a new Evo or I become a back seat driver in one of your cars. And my wife has taught me to nag and bitch about driving fast like a seasoned PRO (I tend to learn by example). Rather than make any of you suffer like I have, I bought the car.

No need to thank me. I already realize how generous I am and already feel really good about it.

My last Evo was a used Evo (it had 1000 miles on it). So, my question is, how do cope with the break in period? Any how many miles is the break in period anyhow?

vtluu Guest

1000 miles, which I covered in about 10 days by doing a scenic drive down Hwy 1, a few trips back and forth to the dealership (Hayward)--and taking the long way back (880N, over the Bay Bridge, and back via 280); a trip or two to ModACar... anyway you get the idea.

The manual lays out the timeline for break-in of each major aspect of the car. The big one--engine--only requires 600 miles.

vtluu Guest

Ah, good, because by the time I got to 800-900 miles I was really starting to rev it up. :lol:

Jan,

don't forget about the dino-oil.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1
    Jan,

don't forget about the dino-oil.
    Thanks for reminding me! I am going to do that today, along with reinstalling my old P2 flased ECU, exhaust etc.

just a quick question. no disrespect intended. How the hell did you cause a $24K in damages? at least your alright though.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

It adds up quick once the labor is factored in. Not only do the have to put the pieces on, but they have to remove and/or repair those already present.

Actually it was 39k in damages. They decided to throw in the engine and transmission in there as well since it could theoretically be jacked too. There are a lot of parts listed and lots for labor. If you go to the 24 meet or any earlier meets, I will show you guys my estimate. It is hillarious especially with charges for things like 10$ worth of coolant, etc.

lolz...that's like 9000 life time supplies of coolant...
    [size=10px]-Clarion DRZ9255 CD head unit
    <br />-PPI PAR 245, PPI DEQ-230, PPI PCX480
    <br />-StreetWires ZN5.0, Dynamat Extreme
    <br />-Shorty Antenna, TEIN S.Tech, EVO VIII UK Badge
    <br />-Focal Utopia 165W3 (front) -Focal Utopia 165W (rear)
    <br />-JL Audio 13W7 subwoofer -JL Audio 1000/1 subwoofer amplifier
    <br />-Optima Blue Top battery
    <br />-HKS Super High Flow drop-in air filter
    <br />-Ralliart Titanium Oil Cap, Royal Purple Oil, K&amp;N High Flow Oil filter, Redline Water Wetter,
    <br />Speed Source metal shift cable + shifter base bushings, B&amp;M SS short shifter + SS shift knob,
    <br />Defi VSD Basis,
    <br />Helix goodies...
    <br />Works Clutch + Brakelines,
    <br />-XD5 5800 kevlin H11 bulbs (55 watt)
    <br />-Clifford AvantGarde 4, BlackJax, TurboTimer,
    <br />Smart Windows, Remote Engine Start...Etc...
    <br />
    <br />Upcoming mods, Perrin rear strut bar,
    <br />ARC titanium trunk bar, cusco titanium front strut bar, Kick panels...
    <br />HID fog lights, MR tail lights
    <br />
    <br />sponsored by http://www.entercybertron.com[/size]