Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Engine oil???????

Default Re: Engine oil???????

Quote Originally Posted by Evo Jai
    I would think it best to stick with OEM Mobil 1. It is recommended in the manual..
    I completely agree.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

USE AMSOIL!!! But don't change your oil that often, you'll just waste your money. You can go 10-15 just fine. I can contest this in about 5k more miles when I get my oil analyzed and post the results. I also have it in all my driveline fluids.

You guys should consider talking to some people that are involved with motorsports and get their oil analyzed. I had this conversation with a friend from a shop a few weeks ago and not only is he saving me money but Im VERY confident that he is saving me wear on my motor as well.... Unless you speak to someone first hand who is truly unbiased, dont believe a single thing you hear or read about oil. When I use to help out some friends who raced ama we would send out oil and some of the most expensive stuff was really disappointing. Same with car oil. I was paying $7.50-$8.00qt for royal purple and although its not bad Ill now be paying about $6qt or less for better stuff.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by stevo8
    You guys should consider talking to some people that are involved with motorsports and get their oil analyzed. I had this conversation with a friend from a shop a few weeks ago and not only is he saving me money but Im VERY confident that he is saving me wear on my motor as well.... Unless you speak to someone first hand who is truly unbiased, dont believe a single thing you hear or read about oil. When I use to help out some friends who raced ama we would send out oil and some of the most expensive stuff was really disappointing. Same with car oil. I was paying $7.50-$8.00qt for royal purple and although its not bad Ill now be paying about $6qt or less for better stuff.
    What did your friend tell you that saves you money and wear on your engine?

I'm just gonna stick to Mobil 1 'cause that's what I've used for years.

He gave me insider info on what the secrete sauce is
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver
    USE AMSOIL!!! But don't change your oil that often, you'll just waste your money. You can go 10-15 just fine. I can contest this in about 5k more miles when I get my oil analyzed and post the results. I also have it in all my driveline fluids.
    How's the amsoil transmission fluid? I'm considering either the amsoil, or the syntorq stuff that milspec is selling.
    05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR - 3&quot; TBE with Cat. Stock boost control system. 260whp / 260 lb-ft torque<br />92 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD

Quote Originally Posted by turbotiger

How's the amsoil transmission fluid? I'm considering either the amsoil, or the syntorq stuff that milspec is selling.
    Here's a writeup I wrote a while ago. Worth a read:

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...html#msg349718

I consider it a great alternative to diaqueen. Feels about the same, but seems to stay consistent and cleaner for longer.

Looking back....I really need to update it. :?

im guna go amsoil with cornercarver when its time.I tried royal purple but it makes my motor tick every now and then(10-30)..
    05' eb evo VIII