Thread: Ravelco...

Default Ravelco...

Does anyone have this installed in their car? I'm really thinkin of getting one for the EVO.

Here is their website:
    http://www.ravelco.com/

Anyways, here is a brief description for the ravelco. I'm quoting a an individual who has the device installed.

"It is not an alarm but a device that makes your car undriveable. It uses a coded dongle and the installer will pick multiple systems (electrical, fuel) that are disabled when the dongle is removed so even if the starter is hotwired, the car cannot run without the dongle. The installer will also go to great pains to disguise where wiring has been spliced. My experience with other mass-installed alarm systems is that they use bright red wire for power and always put the controller and the siren in the same spot."
    &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br /><br />[quote author=bryan@GST link=topic=31207.msg532273#msg532273 date=1214857352]<br />Ryan gates was only 4 tenths of a second slower than us and all it has is robi kw V3&#39;s, exhaust, reflash and some light motor supporting mods.<br /><br />It has renewed my faith in mitsu. The evo 10 is 100% still a Evo, and a damn good version at that.<br />[/quote]

Default Re: Ravelco...

interesting ditto would like to know if anyone has this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneillevo
    interesting ditto would like to know if anyone has this.
    +1
    Lazyness is the mother of all necessities

still wont do anything if they flat bed your ride :shock:
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

Quote Originally Posted by UCB
    still wont do anything if they flat bed your ride :shock:
    Definitely true. There's no question to be asked when it comes to a flat bed truck. If they really want your ride, they will try every possible way to get it. Using a flat bed truck to steal a vehicle is the worse thing that could happen to your car. Flat bed are for the pro's. I am talking about amateur theives here.

If no flat bed truck is available, thieves would definitely have a VERY hard time stealing your ride in the parking lot if you have a ravleco installed.

Protect your investment guys...
    &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br /><br />[quote author=bryan@GST link=topic=31207.msg532273#msg532273 date=1214857352]<br />Ryan gates was only 4 tenths of a second slower than us and all it has is robi kw V3&#39;s, exhaust, reflash and some light motor supporting mods.<br /><br />It has renewed my faith in mitsu. The evo 10 is 100% still a Evo, and a damn good version at that.<br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive
    Sadly cars, our cars are not investments. Unlike a house my wallet doesnt grow with the EVO. It does the opposite.

7. Default Re: Ravelco...

I have this on my Civic, but not the Evo.......yet. The people at Ravelco (the CA site is www.nohotwire.com) will meet you pretty much wherever you want to install it on your car. Takes a few hours, but if you have them do it at your work you won't even notice the down time. The company sent a guy out on a Sunday for me (Father's Day).
    Nujabes - Modal Soul<br /><br />

Wow.. nice find. I just finished watching the news video on it.
    Hi, my name is Charlie.
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by oneillevo
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive
    Sadly cars, our cars are not investments. Unlike a house my wallet doesnt grow with the EVO. It does the opposite.
    It really depends on what you do to your car bro. If you modified the engine and do some nice exterior mods, our cars will be an investment. Look at what "got rice ?" did. He spent some money on his car and it sold pretty fast. Here's the link:

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?o...&topic=20053.0