Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dumb question about which oil filter to use

Default Re: Dumb question about which oil filter to use

USE OEM!!!!!1111one
    [quote author=SteelEvo link=topic=24525.msg413448#msg413448 date=1199748161]<br />The chatter from the flagging stations was priceless...wish I could&#039;ve recorded it.&nbsp; :lol:<br /><br />&quot;Control this is Turn 5&quot;<br />&quot;Go ahead Turn 5&quot;<br />&quot;Grey Evo just went over the top instead of the bypass. I think it was to let the race car pass him&quot;<br /><br />flash forward one lap...<br /><br />&quot;Control, this is Turn 5&quot;<br />&quot;Go ahead Turn 5&quot;<br />&quot;Looks like he&#039;s pretty much programmed to do it now. Just went over the top again&quot;<br />&quot;Copy that. Turn 11, flag him to me&quot;<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I don&#039;t care what everyone else is doing I&#039;m going over the top!<br /><br />-Evan K.<br />will work for track time

Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse
    I noticed people mentioning that Mobil 1 filters are $10 at Walmart? Why not get an OEM one for the same price at the dealer? This is a vital fluid for your engine why not play it safe?
    Because Mobil1 > OEM.
    Because someone told you?

Quote Originally Posted by crctslt
    Quote Originally Posted by bricel24
    Quote Originally Posted by crctslt
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGSR
    There was a post on evoM about a website some while back that compared about 15 or more oil filters. They ended up finding that the FRAM usescheap glue and paper fell apart faster than any of the others. Quality and filtration was the worst. Some of the better to choose besides OEM (which most probably use) is the WIX filters, mobile 1 (rated the highest if I remember right), and believe it or not NAPA gold were rated as some of the best.
    You hit the nail on the head.
    wow, thanks for the info. i'll avoid the fram filters from now on. good thing though i don't use it very often (i use OEM sometimes, whenever Rod has 'em :lol.

Ok but how do you get them out of his butt? :P
    it's OEM, so it's pre-lubricated. he has no problem getting them out :lol:

lubricated with what?........... butt juice?......

^ What's that made of? Can I use it in the Evo?

^ it's made from real butts!