Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Building up my Evo IX

Default Re: Building up my Evo IX

So what's that big grey box on your window for? I'm curious.

The pic was taken at the dealership so I am assuming its some kinda security thing.

Hey, Check out my thread. If your car is like mine, you should be producing a good ammount of power. Your mod list is very similar to mine. Comes complete with Dyno Charts
    http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...=22005.new#new
    =-=HKS Carbon Ti=-=Helix Dp=-=Helix Cat-Delete=-=Aem Short Ram Intake=-=Warlboro 255lph=-=RC 750&#039;s=-=Nisei Full Pipe Kit,Mini Batt, and Nisei Intercooler=-=Sun Hyperforce=-=&nbsp; GM Solenoid=-=Dejon Tools Leak Stop Kit=-= <br />=-=Tuned by bryan@GST=-=Built By Darick=-=

Quote Originally Posted by Travisivart190
    Hey, Check out my thread. If your car is like mine, you should be producing a good ammount of power. Your mod list is very similar to mine. Comes complete with Dyno Charts
    http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...=22005.new#new

Almost exactly what I have planned as soon as I pick mine up!! Very nice numbers..

Thanks, Essentially try to follow every recommendation your tuner has for you. He's the one who's done dozens of cars like yours, and can give you the best recommendation for your mod path.
    =-=HKS Carbon Ti=-=Helix Dp=-=Helix Cat-Delete=-=Aem Short Ram Intake=-=Warlboro 255lph=-=RC 750&#039;s=-=Nisei Full Pipe Kit,Mini Batt, and Nisei Intercooler=-=Sun Hyperforce=-=&nbsp; GM Solenoid=-=Dejon Tools Leak Stop Kit=-= <br />=-=Tuned by bryan@GST=-=Built By Darick=-=

Here's my opinion. You have a great mod list there. I would go with the GST boost assembly. That way if you want a race gas or E85 map, you don't have to worry about making sure the boost controller is dialed in exactly right for either tune. With the map switching mod, each tune is a flick of a button/switch away.

As for the injectors, go up to 1000s. They shouldn't be anymore on price, but allow you that extra room if you ever want an E85 tune. I don't think the 750s will do it on a 9 turbo with any descent amount of boost.

Open filter. Ask Bryan if he can do the stealth airbox mod for you. You can just build the stock airbox around the open element filter as a heat shield...plus you still get the function of the snorkel.

Be sure to throw a lower intercooler pipe to the list. It will make a pretty big difference. The new ETS version is the one I just ordered. It's a nice piece and they always fit really well.

Get some T-bolt clamps for the couplers. The little work clamps suck balls! And be sure to get GST to do a boost leak test prior to the tune!

Lastly, I'm a big fan of monitoring my cars operations. Nothing fancy, but I have a boost gauge and a wideband AFR gauge just to keep an eye on things.

hey brandon, you do realize that your commenting on a post thats over a year old right? I doubt this dude is still around.
    Eat me

oh steevo, you know the guy has been waiting didlingetly in front of his comp for the last year waiting for a couple more responses.lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevo8
    hey brandon, you do realize that your commenting on a post thats over a year old right? I doubt this dude is still around.
    well, damn it...if someone is new and is scanning over it, it will help them. but i must say, dates definitely PWNED me on his one!! :lol:

OG caught ya..HaHaHa...pwned

Quote Originally Posted by 1SloEvo
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo8
    well, damn it...if someone is new and is scanning over it, it will help them. but i must say, dates definitely PWNED me on his one!! :lol:
    '06 IX WW RS