Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Building up my Evo IX

Default Building up my Evo IX

I just got an Evo IX and was going to get some work done to it from GST or Speed Element.
    My List is:

GST boost assembly or MBC
    Blitz drop-in air filter (possible changing to an GST open air filter or another brand of open air filter)
    Apexi N1 Catback
    Tanabe 2.75" Downpipe
    Cobb Test pipe
    Walbro Fuel Pump
    RC 750cc injectors
    Custom dyno tune
    *Opinions on possibile switching out the stock intercooler would be helpful (Could I add this later without a tune?)*
    Just wanted to know if anyone out there has a similiar setup like what Im going for or any opinions or whatever on my list. I'll post the dealer pics of my car when I get a chance.

***Pic of my car in my next post***

Default Re: Building up my Evo IX

You really don't need an aftermarket intercooler with the stock turbo and a normal 91 tune. Don't bother unless you want it for the looks.

^ +1
    GST Tuned: 314whp 284wtq

IMO aftermarket fmic's are kind of under rated. Sure your not going to pick up much hp with it but from what I have seen(I could be wrong though) Â*its never going to negativly effect the power out put. On top of that I have seen people pick up a decent amount of power due to their car being overly sensative to boost and a aftermarket ic made it much easier to tune. Plus its going to be better/safer for your car because it will be less prone to detonation. With that said I would recomend the ets 3" fmic, the quality is great it fits without removing the crash beam, Bryan@gst I believe is actually running one on his personal car, and its cheap like under $500 shipped. Considering that most people on here have over $500 worth of useless carbon fiber crap hanging off their cars, I would say that more people should consider upgrading their ic.

BTW- get your car tuned after you upgrade your intercooler unless you can work something out with Bryan for a retune.
    Eat me

When I put my Intercooler on I noticed a big low end torque and spoolup change...Car spooled up quicker because it was less restrictive imo...
    (08 AS X), AMS UICP, BC Coilovers, Advan RS 19's, AVIC D3, (08 GG X Gone) (05 EB Sold)

Here is a pic of my car.

Thanks for your guys input, any other info/opinions on the other items I chose.

I like that big gray box window mod you got there. How much? Where can I get one? :lol:

Its a custom made time space continum cyclic automatic window box thingy. I make them and since I am in a good mood, I'll sell one to you for $5!

^^^easy big guy, itll be ok

None of us are "pounce proof" on here man. Everyone uses a twist of something different in their martini. Some are entry level...Some are advanced. This community trys to cater to all. Most the time if you search you will find. If you say you faithfully tried and still get pounced on then the FO key works well.Â* Â*

Quote Originally Posted by VINO EVO
    i know but still you all pounce on me when i ask for help finding a pdf install manual, i mean theres thousands of evo's with this set up seriusly how can you guys make the comments about me when i am trying to find a manual and heres a post about a tune mbc and exhaust. thats my point. but out here a jdm rear bumper gives you 50whp and fake carbon stickers and shit are even more.
    '06 IX WW RS