Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wheel fitment guide idea PICTURES ONLY

Default wheel fitment guide idea PICTURES ONLY

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=32898.0

i'd like to start a wheel fitment guide with pictures like the link to socalevo above. only submissions with pictures to prove the fitment will be retained.

format is:

owner: archiebabies (name)

wheels: 18x9.0 + 29 Advan RS GTR Face (size offset brand and look or series)
    tires: 245 40 18 (size and brand)
    fenders: to look this good, fender work required. (description of what was done to front and rear)
    suspension: lowered on tein s-techs (what type of suspension and what alignment specs if necessary)
    I <3 Nisei Engineering

Default Re: wheel fitment guide idea PICTURES ONLY

great find and fun to look at

hey i just bought some 18s on my tarmac black evo8... they are vsr brand hyper black with chrome lip with chrome nuts around but i havent put them on yet...no tires... but i noticed that i might need spacers for the front...so im asking for help... do i need spacers?? and what size spacers???

4. Default Re: wheel fitment guide idea PICTURES ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by triple L
    hey i just bought some 18s on my tarmac black evo8... they are vsr brand hyper black with chrome lip with chrome nuts around but i havent put them on yet...no tires... but i noticed that i might need spacers for the front...so im asking for help... do i need spacers?? and what size spacers???
    info on your wheel size would help :roll: and also size of tire youre getting would help as well...
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

well the width is 8j so im thinkin its 18 by 8 i need 2 go check... universal 5 lug 5 by 4.5 and 5 by 114.3 ....and im planing jus gettin 235/40/18s since im fuckin broke... shoot i just bought the evo 2 weeks ago and ive already spend 1500 on it

6. Default Re: wheel fitment guide idea PICTURES ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by triple L
    well the width is 8j so im thinkin its 18 by 8 i need 2 go check... universal 5 lug 5 by 4.5 and 5 by 114.3 ....and im planing jus gettin 235/40/18s since im fuckin broke... shoot i just bought the evo 2 weeks ago and ive already spend 1500 on it
    18x8 running 235 and you need spacers!!?!?? what kind of wheels are those made for evos? whats your offset?

400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

i think the offset is 20

Hi all,

I am planning on using 18x9, offset +30 Racing Harts C-PF Tune wheels on my EVO 8 with MR suspension. I test fited the rims and they fits fine and clear the brakes. The only problem is the shop I am dealing with, they do not have a used or ready to be dumped 255/40/18 tires to test fit. They are recommending 255/35/18 to be safe but I really want 255/40/18. I just like a little more comfort and a little taller sidewall look.

I did look through the link to the Socal wheel fitment guide (thanks to the person who posted the link) but I cannot find the exact situation. So I wonder if any of you guys out there has 18x9 with +30 offset, have 255/40/18 tires on with MR or stock suspension, so that I would know if that tire size will fit in or not. I don't mind rolling the rear fender to get clearance but I am more worry about the front suspension rubbing the inner wall of the front tires.

Thanks for any input.

03 EVO
    <br />90 GSX

255/40R18 is way too large a tire for the Evo 8. That's the size people run on 17" rims! Your speedometer and wheel diameter will be off.

For 18x9, you're better off running a 245/40, 255/35 or 265/35. The 245/40 will give you a taller sidewall without changing the diameter much.

Car Detailing Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ZK
    255/40R18 is way too large a tire for the Evo 8. That's the size people run on 17" rims! Your speedometer and wheel diameter will be off.

It might be but I can't count the times other evo owners have asked what size tires I have on the evo since they fill in and make it look really good. It's better than running some retarded "JDM" offset that sticks out further than the fender and you have to run rubber band tires.

255/40/18 Azenis RT-615