Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demo of MQGPS data acquisition unit!!!

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?"

You can put the suction cup mount on the airbag part of the steering wheel...now that is convenient...hopefully it won't go flying out the window though...but it would be kinda funny if you were working the course, and then all of the sudden a cell phone comes flying to ya as the kaa passes ya...

DD
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?

I'm going to try the windshield first. I should probably have a strap on it, just in case. Maybe I should find a different spot in the cabin and use screws to mount it instead. I'm going to make a bracket with suction cups for the GPS module, which should work fine since it's really light.

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?"

wow, this gadget is simply amazing. it is more than enough for me to analyze my runs to see where I lose and gain time. setup is ridiculously easy and when in the car, totally hands-free. I can't wait to post a video / screenshots for you guys! For 300 clams, this is easily one of the best mods I have ever purchased. Maybe later on I will set up the camera in the evo and will post a live demo of how it all works.

Default Re: Demo of MQGPS data acquisition unit!!!

Yay, I finally got to post a demo! I used the PC software here, but the Pocket PC s/w is literally the same thing, just a slightly different layout.

Enjoy!

http://screencast.com/t/jvQClaT6Uc

That's kewl...can't wait to compare runs w/ ya...

DD

Quote Originally Posted by DoggDicker
    That's kewl...can't wait to compare runs w/ ya...
    Yeah, it will be really interesting to compare our runs! Hopefully, it will help me learn a thing or two about how to drive properly out there.

I think if you take different lines during runs 1 and 2...compare them and use the best lines for run #3...equals improvement. Also...putting it in my kaa, you can see what I did different too. Also, you can ride along with me. I'm thinking about doing two run groups, so I can get 6 runs in. I'm hoping that my Dad will show up too, as he as never seen me run before, let along ride in my Evo...

DD

mmm... now they have a 10Hz unit. I'm thinking about upgrading.

http://www.maxqdata.com/MQGPSExistin...merUpgrade.htm