Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo of MQGPS data acquisition unit!!!

Default Demo of MQGPS data acquisition unit!!!

So... does anyone here actually use a tool like the DL-1, G2X, TraqView, or MaxQ (ReSin just told me about this today). I'm starting to look at the MaxQ product since people have been actively using it for autox with good results (see forums at www.maxqdata.com). It also looks like it hooks up to video nicely, as shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcOvWQcjkCU

Anyhow, just wondering. I think it would be cool to try out sometime.

Default Re: Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?

Maybe I posted in the wrong forum, but doesn't anyone have any experience with dataloggers?

I ended up picking up a MQGPS to use at the next SCCA slush event. It will be interesting to ride with some people in a different class and log their runs as well. This thread sold me: http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/227266/ShowThread.aspx. It sounds like the MQGPS is good enough for noobs like myself, as well as seasoned people. And for only $300, you can't go wrong.

I will post results from the 10/21 SCCA AutoX and 11/3 GGLC AutoX here.

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?"

Wow, that's an awesome deal! I'll have to ask Santa for one.

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?

Quote Originally Posted by wzcx
    Wow, that's an awesome deal! I'll have to ask Santa for one.
    Now I just have to look for a solution to mount my phone. Thank goodness it is already running Windows Mobile 5, so the other part of the system is "free".

I was thinking about using this with my 8525:

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/inde...pic=14280&st=0

I know someone else here on NCE has a nice mount (for the same phone), but I couldn't find the thread.

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?"

Awesome...you can throw that baby in my kaa to compare runs...

Dennis
    <br />SFR SCCA #96 XP...Got cones!<br />SPEED ELEMENT/ Draggin Anchor Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Matz
    So... does anyone here actually use a tool like the DL-1, G2X, TraqView, or MaxQ (ReSin just told me about this today). I'm starting to look at the MaxQ product since people have been actively using it for autox with good results (see forums at www.maxqdata.com). It also looks like it hooks up to video nicely, as shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcOvWQcjkCU

Anyhow, just wondering. I think it would be cool to try out sometime.
    cool, it supports my phone! I think I am gonna get one for myself...
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

Default Re: MQGPS Data acquisition -- was "Data acquisition to analyze driving at autox?

Quote Originally Posted by ReSin
    Awesome...you can throw that baby in my kaa to compare runs...
    Can I ride with you if the timing works out for the 10/21 slush event? I'm not sure where to mount the device yet, but I figure a clip on the visor should work out okay as a common spot between Evos. Except for Dan's, I bet.

Dave...of course you can ride with me. I believe XP is in the first run group, as the rotation is suppose to continue to rotate. I'll look when T2 SM is running.

DD
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...

uh... are you ReSin's evil twin brother or something? :lol:

Yup...that's me...

DD
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...