Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeal V6 Mini-Review!

Default Zeal V6 Mini-Review!

Went to Works today to have these bad boys installed on the car. The drive to Works was pretty long... however. Took me an hour and a half (almost exactly) to get there from the tri-valley area.

Anyway, everyone at Works was very personable and nice. Great customer service and support.

They were able to lift the car up and install the coil overs in about an hour! Talk about crazy fast. Then, they aligned the car, which probably took another 45 minutes.

Driving home... I was very surprised how tame the coil overs performed. Having had Zeal S6's on my Type R, I was expecting the ride to be a little more harsh, but the ride was very rock solid and stable. I immediately noticed the ride height difference from the driver seat. Over moderate bumps, the V6's handled the road much better than stock suspension. Over sharper bumpers, the V6's were probably just as harsh as stock suspension. The road feel is great, much improved over stock. I haven't pushed the handling very much, but the car handles like it's on rails. The car stays glued to the ground and body roll has been minimized. Steering is now heavier due to the negative camber in the front, but it's still precise as ever. I would like to corner balance the car in the near future.

More to come when I am able to track the car. Hopefully that will be soon.

Works will have my business again once I decide to do the P2 reflash and maybe the GFB in the near future.
    walk by faith

CONGRATS and WELCOME to the ZEAL family!!!!!!

How much did it lower the car from stock? How much $$$?
    [quote author=vtluu link=topic=12691.msg169983#msg169983 date=1158340218]<br />No law can save idiot CA drivers from themselves though. The best you can do is try to make sure they don&#039;t take you out in the process of Darwinning themselves.<br />[/quote]

I saw his car at WORKS!! It looks Awsome!! I was waiting for WORKS to finish e8's car, so I could get my Ceramic 3" downpipe installed. I have to admit my car looks like it is ready for Baja after seeing the ride height with the Zeals. I know what my next mod is!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I saw his car at WORKS!! It looks Awsome!! I was waiting for WORKS to finish e8's car, so I could get my Ceramic 3" downpipe installed. I have to admit my car looks like it is ready for Baja after seeing the ride height with the Zeals. I know what my next mod is!
    ops: Ummm... I wrote that post. Helps to log in :stupido:

its time for you to track the car please don't be like Jan a "WORKS WHORE" lol .
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    its time for you to track the car please don't be like Jan a "WORKS WHORE" lol .
    Look who's talking. :roll:

Default Re: Zeal V6 Mini-Review!

Quote Originally Posted by e8

Went to Works today to have these bad boys installed on the car. The drive to Works was pretty long... however. Took me an hour and a half (almost exactly) to get there from the tri-valley area.

Anyway, everyone at Works was very personable and nice. Great customer service and support.

They were able to lift the car up and install the coil overs in about an hour! Talk about crazy fast. Then, they aligned the car, which probably took another 45 minutes.

Driving home... I was very surprised how tame the coil overs performed. Having had Zeal S6's on my Type R, I was expecting the ride to be a little more harsh, but the ride was very rock solid and stable. I immediately noticed the ride height difference from the driver seat. Over moderate bumps, the V6's handled the road much better than stock suspension. Over sharper bumpers, the V6's were probably just as harsh as stock suspension. The road feel is great, much improved over stock. I haven't pushed the handling very much, but the car handles like it's on rails. The car stays glued to the ground and body roll has been minimized. Steering is now heavier due to the negative camber in the front, but it's still precise as ever. I would like to corner balance the car in the near future.

More to come when I am able to track the car. Hopefully that will be soon.

Works will have my business again once I decide to do the P2 reflash and maybe the GFB in the near future.
    Great stuff man.. I told ya' they're awesome guys. They know their EVOs inside and out

Gotta do the P2... that wakens up the car a little more.
    http://www.sharkwerks.com/
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />Alex &quot;Sharky&quot; Ross
    <br />----------------------------------
    <br />----------------------------------
    <br />Click here for Pictures, Videos &amp; Specs
    <br />Click here for European Car Magazine Review

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    I know, I am curious to feel the difference on the track. It was like night and day on the Type R, and I am sure it's none the less on this car on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by garrick70
    It was nice meeting you garrick. Hope you took that Forge BOV off your car and the DP is working well.
    walk by faith

Glad to hear things are going well and you've already got your eye on other WORKS products. It was nice meeting you and hope to see you soon. Enjoy!
    Jamie<br />415.226.2500<br /><br />Power | Precision | Passion<br />http://www.WORKSmitsu.com