Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mivec swap evo 9 head into an evo 8

Default Re: mivec swap evo 9 head into an evo 8

aha... no closer supply?
    I <3 Nisei Engineering

safer and simple to use the hose from the oil filter.
    WWW.METHODBUILT.COM<br />PHONE 415 839 0058 , 415 839 0069<br /><br /> HELPING YOU KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP SINCE 2002<br /><br />Those who know, do not speak, those who speak do not know

hose as in one of the ports for the sensors?
    I &lt;3 Nisei Engineering

I am sorry meant run an additional line, but here is a question for you? why do want to do this?
    WWW.METHODBUILT.COM<br />PHONE 415 839 0058 , 415 839 0069<br /><br /> HELPING YOU KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP SINCE 2002<br /><br />Those who know, do not speak, those who speak do not know

like run an additional line by using one of those ports in the stock filter sandwich right?

because the 04s are the lightest ct9a's least complex with the absence of acd. i feel it's the real last evo. it's mod friendly in the sense that all the things you need to replace are the things with shortcomings (turbo etc.). but there is one thing an 04 can't COME with... and that's mivec.

Quote Originally Posted by trinydex
    like run an additional line by using one of those ports in the stock filter sandwich right?

because the 04s are the lightest ct9a's least complex with the absence of acd. i feel it's the real last evo. it's mod friendly in the sense that all the things you need to replace are the things with shortcomings (turbo etc.). but there is one thing an 04 can't COME with... and that's mivec.
    yes you can use the stock filter sandwich deal or we added an adaptor that allows you to run an additional line, i have an 04 an i love that thing for some reason more than the other two i have. I just think that mivec while is an excellent road car tool, does not really help a car that you want to make serious power out of. I would suggest that you investigate building a sick head instead so it is ready when you are for the power. That is just my personal thought i have already done a head swap for a customer, and i told him the same thing, but you should do what you think works for you.

Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@SpeedElement
    The mivec oil supply is from a metal hardline that is run from a port on the block. The EVO8 does not have this port, however, you could just as easily do the same thing by running an external oil line from the oil filter assembly.
    Is that it??!!??

In addition to oil supply, do you need to do anything to cover the throttle by wire, or does the TPS provide enough functionality to subsitute?

Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

EVO 9 has the same tb as an EVO 8, it is actuated by a cable.

To do this swap you need the EVO 9 head, Mivec cam gear, Mivec oil control actuator, Intake Hall effect sensor, EVO 9 wire harness, and ECU.
    Thanks for the Memories!
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 10's Sean G.
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 11's stock turbo Sean G.
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 11's stock turbo pump gas Sean G.
    BOTI Sac Raceway 07' ST/AWD Top Elim Andy C.
    SCCA SF XP Champ 08' Dennis H.
    Redline TA 08' Cali Speedway 1:47.793 Modified Runner Up Andre H.
    Super Street Time Attack 08' Buttonwillow #13 1:53.229 Modified Runner Up Andre H.
    Super Street Time Attack 07' Buttonwillow #13 1:55.563 Modified Runner Up Andre H.

Quote Originally Posted by fiaevo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex

yes you can use the stock filter sandwich deal or we added an adaptor that allows you to run an additional line, i have an 04 an i love that thing for some reason more than the other two i have. I just think that mivec while is an excellent road car tool, does not really help a car that you want to make serious power out of. I would suggest that you investigate building a sick head instead so it is ready when you are for the power. That is just my personal thought i have already done a head swap for a customer, and i told him the same thing, but you should do what you think works for you.

Sammy
    my car is all street (canyon) performance. so that's really why heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@SpeedElement
    EVO 9 has the same tb as an EVO 8, it is actuated by a cable.

To do this swap you need the EVO 9 head, Mivec cam gear, Mivec oil control actuator, Intake Hall effect sensor, EVO 9 wire harness, and ECU.
    hall effect sensor is for tps or what?

the hall effect sensor tells the ecu the camshaft position.

Thanks for the Memories!
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 10's Sean G.
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 11's stock turbo Sean G.
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 11's stock turbo pump gas Sean G.
    BOTI Sac Raceway 07' ST/AWD Top Elim Andy C.
    SCCA SF XP Champ 08' Dennis H.
    Redline TA 08' Cali Speedway 1:47.793 Modified Runner Up Andre H.
    Super Street Time Attack 08' Buttonwillow #13 1:53.229 Modified Runner Up Andre H.
    Super Street Time Attack 07' Buttonwillow #13 1:55.563 Modified Runner Up Andre H.