Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mivec swap evo 9 head into an evo 8

Default mivec swap evo 9 head into an evo 8

or an evo 9 motor into an evo 8

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...hlight=evo+8.5

Quote Originally Posted by kaonashi View Post
    Well there was a number of factors in my case,Â* Â*The seller of the engine did not sell me all the parts as promised and lied about its condition so i actually had to use alot of my old evo 8 parts which supprisingly are identical.Â* Â*With the exception of the rear o2 sensor plug and the transmission speed sensor plug beingÂ* The only 2 plugs that didnt plug in.Â* Â*Its basically like just putting the same motor back in.Â* everything else bolted right back up.Â* Â*I just have the ACD plugs that arent pluged in.Â* Â*Ohh and there are 3 plugs inside the car that i have no idea what they are for lol but the car works without them so haha yeah dunno. i think its for the acd computer.

Anyways, i got the motor and had to swap parts over, wait on the harness then i got the harness all bunk so i got depressed drank a beer , had a dream that i fixed the harness and the next day i did the same thing in my dream and it worked lol.Â* Â*So you can actually Leave the Big fuse box in your car and only swap the smaller fuse box that deattachs from it. "wow" yeah thats what i said and slaped myself for cause i waited 3 months with everything i needed to complete this.

So the only things that need custom work are the :
    A . Rear o2 sensor plug
    B. Transmission speed sensor plug

Which these might very from te 03-04 to the 05. who knows they might have changed the plugs over in the 05 so then its not extra work at all.

Ohh but to your question , from the moment i got into a wreck. its beenÂ* 11 months and 15 days haha.Â* Â*but it was in the body shop for 2 months for fixing the damages on the front end and DAMN did they do a good job on that.
    this is some basic info. the only other factor it SEEMS is that if you're using an evo 8 block, then the mivec head needs an oil passage to power the mivec. this has been rumored to be as simple as using a hose.

mivec 2.4 has already been done before. http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=233547 but i'd like to know the details about the oil passage for mivec.
    I <3 Nisei Engineering

Default Re: mivec swap evo 9 head into an evo 8

I think this is the complete EVO 9 engine swap to EVO 8.. not mivec head on evo viii block..

4564 Enterprise Street
    Fremont, CA 94538
    510-226-8822

yeah it is... i wanted clarification on what else is needed if you were to only do the head swap.
    I <3 Nisei Engineering

I don't think anyone has tried that yet.. would be interesting tho..

4564 Enterprise Street
    Fremont, CA 94538
    510-226-8822

some says evo 9 block is different than the VIII, so you just cant swap heads
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedElement
    it has been. note my second link. it was first done by pruven, then it was done by maximillion or wahtever you spell it. i think a swap has been done by tuning technologies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RREVOVIII
    yes it can look at the second link.
    I <3 Nisei Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by trinydex
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedElement
    it has been. note my second link. it was first done by pruven, then it was done by maximillion or wahtever you spell it. i think a swap has been done by tuning technologies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RREVOVIII
    yes it can look at the second link.
    I took a look at that second thread and saw nothing except warralton bitching for the first several pages...
    impressive gains on IX cosworth cams, but no info on the head swap
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

yeah that's cuz warrtalon loses at the internet. the whole point of that thread was to announce that a 2.4 block had a 9 head on it... no attention spam mfers could only think about cossie cams.
    I &lt;3 Nisei Engineering

:?
    Winning isn&#039;t everything, it&#039;s the only thing.<br />

The mivec oil supply is from a metal hardline that is run from a port on the block. The EVO8 does not have this port, however, you could just as easily do the same thing by running an external oil line from the oil filter assembly.
    Thanks for the Memories!
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 10's Sean G.
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 11's stock turbo Sean G.
    First West Coast EVO9 in the 11's stock turbo pump gas Sean G.
    BOTI Sac Raceway 07' ST/AWD Top Elim Andy C.
    SCCA SF XP Champ 08' Dennis H.
    Redline TA 08' Cali Speedway 1:47.793 Modified Runner Up Andre H.
    Super Street Time Attack 08' Buttonwillow #13 1:53.229 Modified Runner Up Andre H.
    Super Street Time Attack 07' Buttonwillow #13 1:55.563 Modified Runner Up Andre H.