Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who here is using the two step rev limiter?

Default Re: Who here is using the two step rev limiter?

Quote Originally Posted by Matz

That sounds much better... thanks for the clarification, Steve! Maybe I should practice by setting the secondary rev limiter at something like 4k, just to get the hang of it first.
    It will bog like a mother at 4k. Will probably be harder on your clutch then a 5k+ launch.

I think mine is 5k...I've never used it, but Andy does while it's strapped to the dyno...

DD

j/k...
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...

i use it all the time when im at Sac Raceway @ 5.5k, like what bryan said, have nothing loose in your car especially the cubby hole and hold on tight. and you'll have big smiles

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    Quote Originally Posted by Matz

It will bog like a mother at 4k. Will probably be harder on your clutch then a 5k+ launch.
    I haven't tried it on my EVO yet, but on my other car, I had to Monitor/data log what my load point and rpm is then tune for it. Sor at 4000 RPM at 140 KPA, you can retune for it to bog or not. Most likely it is too rich there or something.
    www.turboevo8.com

It's not a afr issue, it's that 4k isn't enough rpm to get our heavy AWD boat anchors moving on launch. You want a little wheel spin to take some stress off the drivetrain as well.

It really depends on the hp/trq level of the car and the grip level. I couldn't get my evo to spin the tires at launch with a 5350rpm limiter and I was too lazy to switch it higher at the time. This was with 255/40/18 Azenis RT615. 1.79 60ft.

Great info guys, thanks! I'll set it in the mid to high 5ks, then.

i use to have the two step on my mr2 and i love it then and still love it now
    Winning isn&#039;t everything, it&#039;s the only thing.<br />

MIne is set at 5.5k too, I use it :lol:

Tire pressure also matters in terms of getting out o fthe box/not bogging. Its much much better to spin the tires than it is to bog and send a huge shock through the driveline

Sean/George both reccomend just dropping the clutch if its still stock, slipping the stock clutch=teh fail

Im at almost 18k now on my stocker, about 20 launches
    http://www.mensalmanac.com