Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here is using the two step rev limiter?

Default Who here is using the two step rev limiter?

I'm thinking about enabling it just to see what it's like... but I don't know what a good value is. On evom, some people seem to think 5900RPM is the magic number. I'm also curious to know how much this will f up my Evo, because I don't need the feature, but wanted to play around with it.

Default Re: Who here is using the two step rev limiter?

I used 5350 at sac raceway when I went car bowling. I probably should have used 5500 or a little higher to get a little tire spin to be nicer on my drivetrain.

mines at 5500....i think your suppose to match to some part of your peak hp or torque or something like that? iono but i think it would be nice for you to have...

what do you guys think I should set mine at?
    Eat me

I actually think it doesn't have to do with a specific torque / HP number. I would expect to need to factor in things like tire temp, coefficient of static friction for the rubber you're using, tire pressure, and the weight of your specific Evo. Once you have these numbers, then given the car's power numbers you can decide on a rev limit... ????

So no one is worried about possible damage from using the two step rev limiter?

I've never done it before, so I guess the idea is to simply stay stopped, press the clutch all of the way in, go WOT and drop the clutch? Scary. :shock:

I wouldnt just dump it.. get the clutch to just barely start to engage without moving the car then when its go time slip it just a VERY VERY small amount and then let off. You can find a ton of vids of it. Also when I say slip it, its very breaf. roughly just enough to get your car to roll a couple inches, thats all
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by steevo8
    I wouldnt just dump it.. get the clutch to just barely start to engage without moving the car then when its go time slip it just a VERY VERY small amount and then let off. You can find a ton of vids of it. Also when I say slip it, its very breaf. roughly just enough to get your car to roll a couple inches, thats all
    That sounds much better... thanks for the clarification, Steve! Maybe I should practice by setting the secondary rev limiter at something like 4k, just to get the hang of it first.

What's the use of having a secondary rev limiter?
    Hi, my name is Charlie.
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2
    What's the use of having a secondary rev limiter?
    It's a launch limiter. You can bounce off the limiter with the throttle at WOT. It will build a little amount of boost, you let the clutch out and hope you have nothing loose in the car or it will be in the back seat, hopefully it isn't your transfer case.

About 7-10psi depending on mods, boost control, etc: