Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TIRE PSI

Default TIRE PSI

:driving: Please post your psi...

I will have it on 32f & 29b until i hear otherwise... 8)
    FTW

vtluu Guest

Default TIRE PSI

43 front, 39 back (cold) on my Falken Azenis Sports. Basically I leave it alone after autocross, where I usually run it up to something like 46/42 hot.

The way I figure it, I want the pressures that give me the best handling. Sure I lose a bit of comfort but I don't really care, I didn't get this car for comfort.

IMO the recommended pressures for the stock are way too low; I'd go at least 5 psi over those.

Default TIRE PSI

I typically run 41F/38R. I recently dropped them both a few pounds to make my commute a little more comfortable
    Jamie<br />415.226.2500<br /><br />Power | Precision | Passion<br />http://www.WORKSmitsu.com

Default TIRE PSI

What tire pressure should it be on the track?

vtluu Guest

Default TIRE PSI

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1
    What tire pressure should it be on the track?
    Depends on a variety of things: first and foremost the tires you're using. For example, Hoosiers take very low pressure. Street tires require greater pressure to keep the sidewalls stiff.

You'll want some tire chalk to put on the sidewalls of the tires to see how far up you get wear. If the chalk gets rubbed off too far up the sidewall, you probably need more pressure. Also, use a pyrometer to take temperature readings off different parts of the tire. Basically the goal is to get even temperature across the tire, comparing readings from the inside shoulder, middle of the tread, and outside shoulder. You adjust tire pressure and camber to do this.

Tire temperature matters because a given tire is most grippy within a certain temperature range. Below that range, the tire compound is too hard; above that range, the tire may get "greasy". Each type of tire and compound has a different optimal range.

On street tires, I'd say you probably need a bit less pressure than for autocross where you get a lot more sudden and intense loading of the sidewalls. But that's just a guess.

Default TIRE PSI

I do 42 all the way around
    Please donate to the &quot;Help Kimmie buy an Evo fund&quot; Lolz!<br /><br />Coming soon possibly...another Evo! I can&#039;t shake the evo disease!<br /><br />

Default TIRE PSI

Wow, over 40psi? Isn't the maximum inflation pressure is like 44psi for stock tires?

I inflated 1~2 psi over stock recommendation when cold, but I got back to stock recommendation after Snorre blamed that 1~2 psi more pressure for cupping on my tires and excessive road noise.

Default TIRE PSI

wont more in the front push more?i always did the advans 36f and 38b never had front push before some oversteer wich seemed best IMO

vtluu Guest

Default TIRE PSI

I've always been taught to maintain a 3-5 psi differential betwen front and back on this car, with more psi going into the more heavily-loaded end. You need to maintain a high enough pressure to keep your sidewalls stiff to keep your tires from rolling over to keep your grip optimal (if you're rolling on the shoulder/side of your tires rather than the tread, you're getting much less grip--not to mention damaging the tire). More grip in front means less push.

Default TIRE PSI

i got 45 front/40 rear on cold.