Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aahhhhhh...

Default aahhhhhh...

Lost my keys w/ my mobile alarm remote. I have a question on how to disconnect the alarm.

Since I need my remote to disarm my car I can't even use my spare keys cuz the alarm will go off when I drive. Had to do it once and felt paranoid someone was gonna think I was stealing my own car. Is there anyway to disconnect the alarm from under the hood?

I tried disconnecting the battery but when I hook it back up the alarm comes back on too. I'm thinkin there's a simple trick but have no experience w/ alarms.

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: aahhhhhh...

help me please! Got a ride for work today but I need my car soon.

Before I go into work BUMP!

Man Im sorry this happaned I checked everywhere twice and the landscaper found nothing!
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict

disconnect the horn/siren...

w w w . TeamREV. n e t

Showstoppin' since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by uhoh_evo
    Lost my keys w/ my mobile alarm remote. I have a question on how to disconnect the alarm.

Since I need my remote to disarm my car I can't even use my spare keys cuz the alarm will go off when I drive. Had to do it once and felt paranoid someone was gonna think I was stealing my own car. Is there anyway to disconnect the alarm from under the hood?

I tried disconnecting the battery but when I hook it back up the alarm comes back on too. I'm thinkin there's a simple trick but have no experience w/ alarms.

Thanks for any help!
    go under your dash on the driver side. look for the square box which is your alarm brain unit. there should be a 2 fuse on its wire, one is the alarm power source, and one is for the ignition. remove the fuse for the alarm power source. if you pulled the wrong fuse, your car wont crank at all.
    2003 Evolution VIII

James, all good. Not even sure if I lost it there er at my cousin's job.

Anonimuz thanks for the help.

RREVOVIII if I try that and accidentally pull the wrong one what happens? Does it not crank forever? :shock:

James, all good. Not even sure if I lost it there er at my cousin's job.

Anonimuz thanks for the help.

RREVOVIII if I try that and accidentally pull the wrong one what happens? Does it not crank forever? :shock:
    no, just plug it back and pull the other one instead
    2003 Evolution VIII

Looks like imma have to buy another remote for a few hundred cuz i'm declaring that ish lost. But I will have to disconnect it first so my alarm isn't going off when I take it to get reprogrammed.

Thanks for the info guys. Now I have another question tho. All I have now is my spare. I wanna get another key so if I'm not screwed if I lose another one. Is there a way to find out the code I need for the chip if I don't have the paperwork? Dealer maybe? Also, how much? I know it's gonna cost a bit to get another spare.

Thanks again guys!

Looks like imma have to buy another remote for a few hundred cuz i'm declaring that ish lost. But I will have to disconnect it first so my alarm isn't going off when I take it to get reprogrammed.

Thanks for the info guys. Now I have another question tho. All I have now is my spare. I wanna get another key so if I'm not screwed if I lose another one. Is there a way to find out the code I need for the chip if I don't have the paperwork? Dealer maybe? Also, how much? I know it's gonna cost a bit to get another spare.

Thanks again guys!
    also ask them if you they can possibly change your key code. so you dont have to worry of someone finding your other key and steal your car
    2003 Evolution VIII

Good idea. Will they be able to change the code on my current spare too?