Thread: New IC slower?

Default New IC slower?

eh gusy got my babe back, it seem all good, miss the spooll noise, but then my gf notice that the car run slower or spool much slower.
    Is that because of the IC, or i need a reflash? And yah i change to metal bov too the oem one which my mitsubishi in el cerrito hook it up for me when i buy the bumbers kit from them.
    Drive : Elantra<br />Commute : &#039;08-250r<br />Built: &#039;90-Tsi

Default New IC slower?

first befor you get all down and mad check all the connections and fitting you may have a really bad boost leak also check to make sure by the bov and upper ic pipes as well

Default New IC slower?

what kida ic did you get?
    vishnu stage 1++, quaife, ohlins<br />290whp on the vishnu dyno w/ a cat

Default New IC slower?

i got injen, the thing is i have this piep coem with it and i dun kwno where to hook it up to, and that y i still using the stock 2 pipes go into the endtank

Default New IC slower?

hmm on some ic's you can lose a pound of boost so if you have an ebc/mbc allyou need to do is crank it up a bit.just check around the pipings also.

Default New IC slower?

do you have a boost gauge ??
    check for leaks and loose tube hoses, a boost gauge will help you determine if the FMIC has made you drop on psi, if so all you need is to adjust it.
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

Default New IC slower?

how to adjust it?

Default New IC slower?

with a MBC or if you have a P2 or Xede or any other type of flash or mangement system.
    if your running stock settings then you need tuning and with that they can adjust your boost.
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

Default New IC slower?

You have leak somewhere along the intercooler pipes. The best way to pinpoint leaks besides tightening down all your clamps is to do an intake leak test.

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html

Default New IC slower?

WORKS has this test rig in-house thanks to Jamie.
    Thanks Jamie!

If you want us to test for leaks, give us a call.
    415.902.7791 WORKS Service
    415.641.9675 WORKS Performance
    Factory Authorized Dealers of Cosworth and OHLINS <br /><br />WORKS - Power | Precision | Passion<br /><br />Infineon Raceway L-1B<br />www.worksmotorsports.com<br />415.226.2500