Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

Default Re: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

When I buy an oiled filter, i usually leave it in the sun for half the day or so, just to get some of it dry out. Everytime I see a new K&N, that mofo is doused in the filter oil.

And if your MAF is all oiled up, they make MAF cleaner to get rid of that for ya.
    -Dick Pound

why get a stock filter like the site you showed when u can just get an intake and a cone filter?
    *Tooned By Bryan At GST*<br />*302 AWHP and 294 AWTQ*<br />*Stock IX Turbo With Bolt Ons*

3. Default Re: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil06
    why get a stock filter like the site you showed when u can just get an intake and a cone filter?
    cause popo's dont care about replacement filters.
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

^^ exactly... and the less you can give them, the better.

I went from this...

To This...

It's kind of hard to see, but my stock AirBox is in there as well.
    -Dick Pound

Quote Originally Posted by MtsEvoIX
    thats true but if you want more power u would go with the intake and cone filter, but....everyone likes it their own way.
    *Tooned By Bryan At GST*<br />*302 AWHP and 294 AWTQ*<br />*Stock IX Turbo With Bolt Ons*

6. Default Re: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

Quote Originally Posted by MtsEvoIX
    thats true but if you want more power u would go with the intake and cone filter, but....everyone likes it their own way.
    "care to backup your statement?"

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com

hahahaa

:lol:
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict

It produces a smoother airflow w/ increased velocity for optimal A/F atomization, which results in increased throttle response, horsepower, torque and fuel efficiency. :lol: But you don't have to beleive what i have to say... I maybe wrong, maybe we should ask someone who knows.....

10. Default Re: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

It produces a smoother airflow w/ increased velocity for optimal A/F atomization, which results in increased throttle response, horsepower, torque and fuel efficiency. :lol: But you don't have to beleive what i have to say... I maybe wrong, maybe we should ask someone who knows.....
    i believe everything varies by the car, and the conditions.

thats why i personally dont believe the whole "cone filter is better". theres been plenty of cases where high #'s are shown on stock airbox.

same thing with ppl wanting aftermarket BOV's