Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

Default Re: Difference between wet filters & dry element filters

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil06
    It produces a smoother airflow w/ increased velocity for optimal A/F atomization,
    What does a Air Filter in front of a turbo, intercooler, intercooler piping, throttle body and intake manifold have to do with Air/Fuel atomization?

Volume increases per stroke I can understand, but I'm not an engineer so...

besides, isnt the stock box good up to like 400whp?, then there after it begine to be a limiting factor? And even then, how much are you really missing.

-Dick Pound

Quote Originally Posted by evo_ate_gsr
    besides, isnt the stock box good up to like 400whp?, then there after it begine to be a limiting factor? And even then, how much are you really missing.

At 350whp it becomes a bit of a restriction on our mustang dyno, I have found.

It freed up 24whp on my personal evo:

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST

Hey Bryan, was this with your hacked up stock airbox, or was this with the filter in the engine bay without the airbox? It seems like just leaving it out ends up resulting in pretty high IAT's.

I think what he was trying to say Bryan is it gets all their lil JDM molecule asses lined up in a row so they can superman kape da biatchÂ*when itz turbo tyme.Â*Â* Â*

It produces a smoother airflow w/ increased velocity for optimal A/F atomization,
    What does a Air Filter in front of a turbo, intercooler, intercooler piping, throttle body and intake manifold have to do with Air/Fuel atomization?
    '06 IX WW RS

Quote Originally Posted by PANGES

Hey Bryan, was this with your hacked up stock airbox, or was this with the filter in the engine bay without the airbox? It seems like just leaving it out ends up resulting in pretty high IAT's.
    Filter in engine bay without anything. Yes, it can lead to high IAT's. On the track with it open I saw a full point richer AFR because of the higher intake temp. Now I have it with the stock airbox and it didnt richen up as much on track.

Bryan's stealth intake box FTW!
    Sponsored by: GST Motorsports
    304whp/292wtq @ 23psi on 91 oct
    376whp/357wtq @ 27psi on E85

Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing

Autox Vids: Click here
    2008 SCCA Slush Series BSP Champion
    2008 UFO SM Champion
    2008 GGLC Open Class Champion

I have the Monster Sport 2 drop-in filter. Its the wet/oil type. There are some bits of oil splashes on the bottom of the stock airbox whenever I check but none of it reaches the honeycomb or MAF sensor.

I clean the MAF with CRC maf spray like every 3 months anyway.

Volume increases per stroke I can understand, but I'm not an engineer so...
    actually i was leaning towards the aftermarket intake, i thought that the airflow would be better with it instead of the stock intake...correct me if im wrong, im still learning...
    *Tooned By Bryan At GST*<br />*302 AWHP and 294 AWTQ*<br />*Stock IX Turbo With Bolt Ons*

Quote Originally Posted by PANGES

hey bryan, can you post up another pix or your airbox. i thought i saw it before but i would like to see it again?
    *Tooned By Bryan At GST*<br />*302 AWHP and 294 AWTQ*<br />*Stock IX Turbo With Bolt Ons*