Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodyear F1 GS-D3s--bad choice?

vtluu Guest

Default Goodyear F1 GS-D3s--bad choice?

I got the tires today shipped from TireRack. The deep tread and grooves look like they're perfect for channeling water and running in heavy rain/standing water. But the deal-breaker for me is the sidewalls, which feel really thin (compared to what I'm used to) and I can easily bend and distort them just by poking lightly with a finger. This makes them unsuitable for autocross. I think I'm going to call up TireRack tomorrow and return them. I'll lose about $60 in shipping costs but I don't see using them as a viable option. I think I'll just get the Kumho Ecsta MXs instead.

If someone needs good rain tires and doesn't need to use those same tires for tracking/auto-x, let me know, you can have these for the $636 I paid for them on TireRack.

i think i have kumho ectas tire tam, i dun knwo hwo good they r but they r so big, it make my car lloook liek it lowwed. How good is it for rain tam?
    Drive : Elantra<br />Commute : &#039;08-250r<br />Built: &#039;90-Tsi

vtluu Guest

There are different Kumho Ecsta tires, from the crappy H-rated Ecsta 711s to the competition (R-compound) Ecsta V710s. The Ecsta MX is their tire for auto-x street-tire class (wear rating of 140 or higher). Its performance in heavy rain is not great, but a lot better than the Falken Azenis Sports.

what size tires are the f1 gs-d3's?

I am plannnig on getting a set of these tires soon, but I am waiting to hear if I can get them at a discounted price. I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, i am looking for a used advan. do you still have your oem tires? if so, how shot are they?

the f1 gs-g3's arent that great for auto x due to the soft sidewall, which you have experienced first hand............ah, or maybe first finger!!!

Ps 2's are good too, from I have researched. for what that is worth!!

vtluu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WOT
    what size tires are the f1 gs-d3's?
    I got them in the OEM size, 235/45-17. MSRP on these tires is $216 :shock: so $159 was a pretty decent price.

I haven't had my OEM tires for a long time--the car is 1 year/17k miles old and this is going to be its 4th set of tires. :lol:

They're going out to FedEx back to TireRack tomorrow morning, so if you want 'em, let me know before then...

Send them to tire rack.

What tires will you be getting now?

vtluu Guest

Send them to tire rack.

Kumho Ecsta MX, 255/40-17; 255s should fit on the stock rims I figure...

Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    Send them to tire rack.

Kumho Ecsta MX, 255/40-17; 255s should fit on the stock rims I figure...
    you can fit 255's on the stock rim with no problem .
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

vtluu Guest

On a related note, is there a local tire place that people would recommend, that will pricematch against TireRack?

tam try these store.
    wheel works
    1291 w. el camino real
    sunnyvale, ca 94086
    650-969-1700

ask for thomas as he is the the manager/owner of the place. tell him i sent you.