Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greddy Type RS BOV VS. HKS BOV

Default Re: Greddy Type RS BOV VS. HKS BOV

yes i do

Oh yeah, well in that case check out an aftermarket intake. You'll hear it a lot more than you would think. I'd definitely check out GST's Budget Eleventy Billion Air filter :P Either that or I highly recommend my AEM.

Travis
    =-=HKS Carbon Ti=-=Helix Dp=-=Helix Cat-Delete=-=Aem Short Ram Intake=-=Warlboro 255lph=-=RC 750&#039;s=-=Nisei Full Pipe Kit,Mini Batt, and Nisei Intercooler=-=Sun Hyperforce=-=&nbsp; GM Solenoid=-=Dejon Tools Leak Stop Kit=-= <br />=-=Tuned by bryan@GST=-=Built By Darick=-=

thanks travis, how much do they coast usually ? or evena used one lol plus is it good to even have an intake , am i gonna loose power ?

He's getting a bov for the spring rate. Same thing imma proly be doin soon cuz our 03 VIII's have the plastic dv.

I was told the RS w/ recirculating was a good choice as the softer spring should suffice for the boost you lookin at. No personal experience myself tho.

Oh and w/ my stock dv and an open air filter I can hear it loud and clear!

You might lose a tad bit of power, but it's really beneficial once you're reaching 300 Wheel. Bryan did a flow chart, and the stock airbox is really restrictive after 300 Wheel. The only reason you'd lose power would be because you aren't tuned for it. The Gst Budget air filter is fairly cheap. It bolts on directly to your stock Maf, and is under 100$ (I believe.) My Aem unit was 200$ or so, but it has a hard pipe. Really a lot of preference.

Travis
    =-=HKS Carbon Ti=-=Helix Dp=-=Helix Cat-Delete=-=Aem Short Ram Intake=-=Warlboro 255lph=-=RC 750&#039;s=-=Nisei Full Pipe Kit,Mini Batt, and Nisei Intercooler=-=Sun Hyperforce=-=&nbsp; GM Solenoid=-=Dejon Tools Leak Stop Kit=-= <br />=-=Tuned by bryan@GST=-=Built By Darick=-=

lol thanks uhoh, but what do you mean by open air filter ? i have a stock bov right now, so can i do anything to it right now to hear it ? with outh chaning my bov ? lol

He means an open air intake, similar to the AEM unit, or GST's budget unit.

Travis

oh nice so you think i should get that HKS bov installed and then get that stock MAf ?

Oh no no. I think you should get an aftermarket open air intake. The HKS bov will make your car run badly. Not worth the money.

Travis

oh got u, so i need an intake then, where can i find a used one u think travis, and what brand you recomment ? lol and yes im pussing more than 300 hps for sure