Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greddy Type RS BOV VS. HKS BOV

Default Re: Greddy Type RS BOV VS. HKS BOV

Well it depends on how much you're willing to spend. If you'd like a new one that's fairly cheap, I'd recommend GST's.
    =-=HKS Carbon Ti=-=Helix Dp=-=Helix Cat-Delete=-=Aem Short Ram Intake=-=Warlboro 255lph=-=RC 750&#039;s=-=Nisei Full Pipe Kit,Mini Batt, and Nisei Intercooler=-=Sun Hyperforce=-=&nbsp; GM Solenoid=-=Dejon Tools Leak Stop Kit=-= <br />=-=Tuned by bryan@GST=-=Built By Darick=-=

oh shit, so i dont need no blow offf valve then ?
    im sorry man im so confused lol, and keep on asking u question lol i feel bad lol as of right now i have a greaddy type rs bov, but i was trying to see if i should give it away and get a HKS, so should i install any after market bovs or not keep my stock on and just get a air intake ?

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I would. Definitely talk to one of the vendors, and see what they can offer you. Hit up GST to see how much their budget air filter is. It's a mod, for the money, that will make horsepower.

Travis
    =-=HKS Carbon Ti=-=Helix Dp=-=Helix Cat-Delete=-=Aem Short Ram Intake=-=Warlboro 255lph=-=RC 750&#039;s=-=Nisei Full Pipe Kit,Mini Batt, and Nisei Intercooler=-=Sun Hyperforce=-=&nbsp; GM Solenoid=-=Dejon Tools Leak Stop Kit=-= <br />=-=Tuned by bryan@GST=-=Built By Darick=-=

oh cool ill contact them tomorrow, i never heared of em before, but ill try finding their site or something and contact them see what they say, thanks travis,

No problem. Hope it goes well for ya.

Travis

thank you have a good night

My fault. W/ just that open element INTAKE and stock bov you can HEAR a big difference! But I would keep your Greddy RS cuz it will hold more boost better than your stock one could. On my stocker I could barely hold 19 psi.

Oh, and dun worry about having your car run badly. As long as you have that recirculating kit then you'll be good.

Yeah, pick up a Dejon Tools leak stop kit or a Jdm Ix Bov, or you could do what I did and grab a Dejon tools leak stop kit for your Ix Shit holds boost like a champ :P

Travis

Dont really need a leak stop kit unless looking into running a little higher boost on some setup aka cams or an fp. All you need buddy is a Metal IX Diverter Valve (goes for about $100 from the vendors around here) and a GST filter ($30) from GST motorsports in Hayward. That really is all you need for the sound and without making your car run like shit not to mention youre in no dire need of a tune on that setup with the stock MAF
    Proud Supporter of Speed Element and Leo aka Detail Addict

Your best bet is probably to hit up a few meets first and check out different people's set ups. Many have cone filters already and some have BOVs. If you're nice, ask for a few rides and see what you think. Then make a decision for yourself based on that.