Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving Techniques For HPDE Beginners and Amateurs - WHAT NOT TO DO

Default Re: Driving Techniques For HPDE Beginners and Amateurs - WHAT NOT TO DO

I tried to find some old rollover pics, couldnt't locate it. But one of them was a 5-series and the roof had collapsed in a rollover. The roof was level with the bottom edge of the windows. Most evos I have seen roll, remain pretty much in tact, but you know the saying...."better safe than sorry"
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

Supposedly, the non-fixed back seats are collapsable under certain circumstances. I don't see how a rollover could cause the seat back to collapse though.

my fixed back is higher than my head, so in the event of a roll over and the roof collapses, I would think it would actually help prevent the roof compressing my head :lol:. If the force is so much to break or bend the seat, im probably fubared either way
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

Hahahaha

t00ned by Bryan@GST

Just remember. With your helmet on you are a couple inches taller in your seat.

t00ned by Bryan@GST

lots of good points...

-put ur ego aside ... There's always someone faster
    - don't lift don't lift and don't lift

lift-throttle-oversteer- don't do it unless it's intentional

drive at 6/10.
    walk by faith

Quote Originally Posted by UCB
    Yeah, bad to follow, especially if the guy in front is a uber novice and/or drives a rwd car. The line evos take and the line most other cars on the track take is a bit different
    +1

There is "THE" line and then there is "THE EVO" line....

Quote Originally Posted by jbfoco
    Quote Originally Posted by UCB
    Yeah, bad to follow, especially if the guy in front is a uber novice and/or drives a rwd car. The line evos take and the line most other cars on the track take is a bit different
    +1

There is "THE" line and then there is "THE EVO" line....
    I followed the Miata at Infineon once... was driving so slow.
    IT was his fault cuz his car was bright yellow!!! :P

Earlyapex + lift = >_<"
    - Rob

WLD a.k.a. Wilson LOL Disease - there's currently no cure for this.

Learn from your mistake: Start off with spin-outs then power slides.

There are instances where you can lift to your advantage, but that is a more advanced technique. FWD guys use it alot. Once they get understeer they abruptly lift causing over steer and they immediately get back on the throttle to hold the car from spinning. Pretty gutsy in an evo at any fast rate of speed.

t00ned by Bryan@GST