Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Okada Ignition Coil Pack

Default Re: Okada Ignition Coil Pack

^ me too but i think the hyperforce gives almost about the same power if not just a little less. But nice mod very stealth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13Evo
    ^ me too but i think the hyperforce gives almost about the same power if not just a little less. But nice mod very stealth as well.
    no need to be stealthy with a CARB sticker... 8)
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

RREVOVIII,

Do you have larger scans of the dyno sheets? How long inbetween runs? Is the correction percentage the same between the two?

Not doubting the gains at all, just curious.

I also saw the same types of gains between the stock coils and swapping them out for Montero coils and a ign box.

they did 2 baseline pulls, installed the coils took them less than 10 mins, then 2 final runs.. also notice while the car was idling on the Dyno before the Baseline pulls, it keeps on misfiring, and i said, "its an 03 thats normal i get that alot" but after the coils were installed and started the car, i immidiately notice a steady idle, and they said that the misfires was gone. plus on those baseline pulls car get 10.0 afr from full boost to redline, but after car reads 10.2 from full boost and a steady 10.3 to redline. this reading are based on me looking at my AEM Wideband while each run were made!!

i have a Larger Charts, but they are worse than these. MRbrian tried his best to get this to what they looked right now. i dont know if that answers all your question Bryan

2003 Evolution VIII

That is some good result, but I already have the hyperforce already.

6. Default Re: Okada Ignition Coil Pack

ooo good thing i didnt jump on the hyperforce yet.. adding this to my list.
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

somebody should try with both a hyperforce and these coil packs... don't see any possible harm since they should both be amplifying

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
    somebody should try with both a hyperforce and these coil packs... don't see any possible harm since they should both be amplifying
    Hard to say... I was going to argue that the Sun Hyperforce was designed with stock coils in mind, but it's not like they have one that's Evo-specific, so maybe you're right.

We have a multi-thousand $ scope at work, and I've asked the guys to look for the high-voltage probes... I want to get scope traces of the ignition system pre and post-Sun. It would be interesting to see the output of these coils as well.

nice numbers from the coil pack

Custom Tuned at Full Function by Sean - 325 whp/307 wtq @ 23 psi on pump gas

HPDE Days:
    Buttonwillow: 1
    Infineon: 0
    Laguna Seca: 0
    Thunderhill: 3

1999 Honda Prelude Non-SH - DD
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE - Garage Queen

I think you should check the impedance of the coils before you decide to do that. There is a good chance you could burn up the Hyperforce if they aren't matched. Ahh..It's only $300 bucks.. Oh and possible melted $400 coils too. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
    '06 IX WW RS