Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Okada Ignition Coil Pack

Default Re: Okada Ignition Coil Pack

Quote Originally Posted by whtrice
    I think you should check the impedance of the coils before you decide to do that. There is a good chance you could burn up the Hyperforce if they aren't matched. Ahh..It's only $300 bucks.. Oh and possible melted $400 coils too. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
    somebody should try with both a hyperforce and these coil packs... don't see any possible harm since they should both be amplifying
    I would normally agree, but how is it that the Hyperforce works with a variety of cars? Did they add power resistors inline somewhere in the harness?

Since it comes with a EVO specific harness assy it is possible. The reason I would be skeptical of running it in conjunction with "hot" coils" is prior experience with other aftermarket ignition amps. I know the MSD systems warned you not to use "hot" coils as it can cause too much current in the system and fry components. Anytime you deal with coils things need to be tuned or matched. If someone wants to try it great. Question is how long will it last and does everybody have $300 or possiblyÂ* $700 ($400 for the coils too if they smoke) to throw around if it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Matz
    I would normally agree, but how is it that the Hyperforce works with a variety of cars? Did they add power resistors inline somewhere in the harness?
    '06 IX WW RS

anyone know what the warranty is on these things?
    Eat me

Hyperforce thingy I think is a year.

Quote Originally Posted by steevo8
    anyone know what the warranty is on these things?
    '06 IX WW RS

yeah but what about the coils?
    Eat me

Hey Dude! Can you still hook a bruther up for $400 OTD? Thanks!!

Do a search on evom. There are a ton of vendors selling them in the high $300's.

Anyone interested in amplifying their ignition will get this.

The Sun Hyperforce System DOES NOT increase spark output. It "filters" the voltage and signals between coil packs so they do not interfere with one another maintaining a steady current for spark. Otherwise the current returning from the fired spark interrupts the new one heading for the next firing.

This is why they can NOT be used together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasaper View Post
    Hey Dude! Can you still hook a bruther up for $400 OTD? Thanks!!
    Call Ditos Motors, they have the last one on stock. i just called them now and they are $400 + tax, so its $435.00. but if you pay cash im sure you can get them $400.00 out the door....
    2003 Evolution VIII

Hey! Thanks for the intell!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Do a search on evom. There are a ton of vendors selling them in the high $300's.

Anyone interested in amplifying their ignition will get this.

The Sun Hyperforce System DOES NOT increase spark output. It "filters" the voltage and signals between coil packs so they do not interfere with one another maintaining a steady current for spark. Otherwise the current returning from the fired spark interrupts the new one heading for the next firing.

This is why they can NOT be used together.
    really? the lowest price that i seen is $399.00 so after tax & shipping it will still go over 400 bucks
    2003 Evolution VIII