Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivid Racing tests their NEW exhaust on the EVO X

Default Re: Vivid Racing tests their NEW exhaust on the EVO X

So what does that mean for the Tuner? You need to pay everytime you use it? Or you pay a flat fee to be a retailer and re-flash as many customers as your business collects?

Sorry, This aspect of business is new to me :?

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
    Damn, any updates around the world on the ECU cracking?
    EcuTek is done, need to find out when it will be avail in the USA. Keep in mind Ecutek has licensing fees on top of the flashing cost.
    If it's anything like last time, they will lockout everyone from the Ecu as well plus license fees are ludacris... I'll wait for EcuFlash

So what does that mean for the Tuner? You need to pay everytime you use it? Or you pay a flat fee to be a retailer and re-flash as many customers as your business collects?

Sorry, This aspect of business is new to me :?
    The customer pays a one-time license fee. Then they pay for the tune. Subsequent tunes are charged as well but you only pay the licensing fee once.

The tuner has to pay a yearly fee I believe and purchase the software package.

:? Hmm, what's the typical price of a Licensing Fee? Is it rediculous?

:? Hmm, what's the typical price of a Licensing Fee? Is it rediculous?
    When I had my car tuned w/ ecutek when i first got my evo, I paid like $600 for the licensing fee for the ecutek and like $500 for the tune. You guys should be grateful how little you guys have to pay for Speed Element or GST to tune your cars.

I may be wrong here, but I noticed in the pictures towards the end, the exhaust was lop-sided. It looked like th driver's side was at more of an angle and lower then the passenger side. Am I an idiot that needs new glasses? Power-wise, it seems promising, especially since the car is not tuned yet.

Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

www.FFTEC.com

Quote Originally Posted by PANGES
    When I had my car tuned w/ ecutek when i first got my evo, I paid like $600 for the licensing fee for the ecutek and like $500 for the tune. You guys should be grateful how little you guys have to pay for Speed Element or GST to tune your cars.
    Holy shit! Fuck that, haha. I'll wait.....

any feedback on Vivid and their products? PM if you don't wish to post publicly.

thanks,
    nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

gangsta
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

Quote Originally Posted by PANGES
    Holy shit! Fuck that, haha. I'll wait.....
    Yeah... well back then, it was either Vishnu or WORKS. lol. That's all the tuners that were around at the time.

"soo... would you rather be raped by a horse or a bull?" They both suck, but u gotta choose one.

BTW: I can't watch the vid at work, but it is a turbo back exhaust or a catback?