Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tire of minority using racial excuse all the time

Default tire of minority using racial excuse all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    But, it was an intereesting sociological moment when there were millions of people rooting against team USA during the olympics (basketball)...was none of this related to race and class? I doubt it. We still have a long way to go folks, and fairness, kindness and open-mindedness are qualities that all thinking people can use to great advantage in these difficult times.
    Your statements re:USA basketball are incorrect and miss-informed. People were not rooting against the USA becuase they were black and made more money. In europe racism has traditionally been much less of an issue than it has in the us atleast racism as it relates to black/white (antisemitism is a different story) and most people in europe could careless what NBA players make (evidenced by the fact they weren't rooting against foriegn born NBA players).

People rooted against the USA b-ball team for several reasons:
    1- They hate current US policy
    2- They want a shot at the title beating the US in a sporting event gives them a sense of superiority esspecially when its a sport the US has Dominated for so long.
    3- they think nba players are soft becuase they dont display the same passion for country that many foriegners do in sport.

There are more reasons but Im ranting, and Race/class wasnt one of them.

look in the trunk mr officers
    I am a card carrying NRA member......and have a Gun permit.... 8)

Nothing to see here aranoid:
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe
    Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    But, it was an intereesting sociological moment when there were millions of people rooting against team USA during the olympics (basketball)...was none of this related to race and class? I doubt it. We still have a long way to go folks, and fairness, kindness and open-mindedness are qualities that all thinking people can use to great advantage in these difficult times.
    Your statements re:USA basketball are incorrect and miss-informed. People were not rooting against the USA becuase they were black and made more money. In europe racism has traditionally been much less of an issue than it has in the us atleast racism as it relates to black/white (antisemitism is a different story) and most people in europe could careless what NBA players make (evidenced by the fact they weren't rooting against foriegn born NBA players).

People rooted against the USA b-ball team for several reasons:
    1- They hate current US policy
    2- They want a shot at the title beating the US in a sporting event gives them a sense of superiority esspecially when its a sport the US has Dominated for so long.
    3- they think nba players are soft becuase they dont display the same passion for country that many foriegners do in sport.

There are more reasons but Im ranting, and Race/class wasnt one of them.

Misinformed my ass.
    I was not talking about the Europeans that were rooting against us (for the obvious plethora of reasons), I was talking about AMERICANS rooting against the team. You missed the point of my post. I agree that a knee-jerk racially loaded response to certain situations is ill-advised. I'm simply positing that to assume that we are a culture or society that has moved beyong race-division and race hatred even, is a bit naive.

Percy Howard
    2 Wins, 2006 NASA Time Trials, Norcal (Evo)<br />1 win, 2006 NCRC TT Series, GT-1<br />6 Podiums, NASA TT TTA, 2007, 2 second place, 4 3rd place (Evo)

thread closed, emotions are running a bit high and we shouldn't get into arguments like this....

I think we should just duke it out like Ron Artest.

Cool beans.

Nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.