Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Alignment Shops

Default Re: Local Alignment Shops

I still don't get it. Alignments are not rocket science, the machines do most of the leg work for you. I've done alignments in autoshop in Highschool, no way they can align any better. Maybe you see ferrari's and porsche's there because those kind of people like to waste money. :shrug:
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3" noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw
    Every time I pull up to custom alignment I see an assortment of Porche's, Ferraris, race cars (from nascrap to road racers).

I paid for a full alignment on my talon. The car handled like it was on rails. Custom Alignment simply is the best I have found in the bay area, Motorsports techniques is a very close second place (only because they don't corner weight last time I checked)

you definately get what you pay for.
    Speak of Motorsports techniques, I had my car alignmented there last time and the spec was off and they refused to fix it unless I told them how that could be fixed. Now with 10k miles I have one tire worn to wires and other 3 tires still got 60+% tread. I don't think they're doing a good job at all...

KareBearPowa Guest

Every time I pull up to custom alignment I see an assortment of Porche's, Ferraris,
    So what? That doesn't mean crap. Look at the demigraphic of MV. Everytime I pull up to my valet at my parking garage I see Porsches,* Audis, Vipers, etc What's that mean? Rich people park in the same garage I do at work. It's the financial district. Whhooooopie.

Most of those kind of people think money means everything. A $240 alignment HAS to be 3x better then a $85 alignment!

I want my alignment at -2.7 f, -1.2 rear, 0 toe. How hard is that to do? $85 hard or $240 hard? All I know is I get a nifty printout that states -2.7f, -1.2 rear, 0 toe, every time and the $150 I saved goes to a track event entry. Yay for me.

Quote Originally Posted by r6bruin
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyApex
    those prices are absolutley OUTFUGGENRAGOUS.

$240 for alignment?

$140 to mount/balance tires?

ROFLCOPTER! Do they give lube out with receipts?
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcvtec
    Does that come with a complimentary BJ?
    Haha I am wondering why they charge double of what others charges too, however from what I heard, every one went there said their service worth every penny and the level of detail they looked into is just as outragous as what they charge. :P
    Heard the same exact things about AI and Roger Kraus racing, but yeah, they charge MUCH less
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyApex
    Every time I pull up to custom alignment I see an assortment of Porche's, Ferraris,
    So what? That doesn't mean crap. Look at the demigraphic of MV. Everytime I pull up to my valet at my parking garage I see Porsches, Audis, Vipers, etc What's that mean? Rich people park in the same garage I do at work. It's the financial district. Whhooooopie.

Most of those kind of people think money means everything. A $240 alignment HAS to be 3x better then a $85 alignment!

I want my alignment at -2.7 f, -1.2 rear, 0 toe. How hard is that to do? $85 hard or $240 hard? All I know is I get a nifty printout that states -2.7f, -1.2 rear, 0 toe, every time and the $150 I saved goes to a track event entry. Yay for me.
    all I am saying is that they do good work. you don't have to be a F** dick about it...
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

we see what you are saying, but I think earlyapex is merely trying to prevent other members from paying 2x what they should be for an alignment
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

KareBearPowa Guest

all I am saying is that they do good work. you don't have to be a F** dick about it...
    You said "you get what you pay for" which is absolutely garbage. I apologize if I come off like a Penis but sometimes that's the only way to get something across.

50 bux here in DC :lol: PM me so I can let them know you're coming in (Golden Auto Muffler). Usually 100 :shock:
    Fuk Sho Let&#39;s Go<br />Oni-Moto/Raging Bull Productions/Team SLOW/Emperor<br /><br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by redtydsf
    50 bux here in DC :lol: PM me so I can let them know you're coming in (Golden Auto Muffler). Usually 100 :shock:
    I want dibs on that, lol...
    I'll definitely let you know when I need one in the future, thx in advance.
    - Rob

WLD a.k.a. Wilson LOL Disease - there's currently no cure for this.

Learn from your mistake: Start off with spin-outs then power slides.

jea 8)
    Fuk Sho Let&#39;s Go<br />Oni-Moto/Raging Bull Productions/Team SLOW/Emperor<br /><br /><br />