View Poll Results: Which Would You Choose?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2009 Lancer Ralliart

26 83.87%
  • 2008 Subaru WRX

5 16.13%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Announced!

Default 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Announced!

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

What is it?
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

What's special about it?
    If we were making a list of things to do before dying, owning a Lancer Evolution would be in the top 50, if not the top 10. For those who can't afford to spend $35,000, we would have previously advised curling up in the fetal position with a PS2 and a copy of Gran Turismo 4. Now, however, we can suggest the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, which looks to be a legitimate Evo Lite.

Unlike the last Ralliart, this one starts with the right drivetrain parts — genuine Evo-derived stuff. Instead of a dull, naturally aspirated 2.4-liter engine, it has a detuned version of the Evo X's turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder good for an estimated 235 horsepower and 253 pound-feet of torque. Compare this to 224 hp and 226 lb-ft of torque in Subaru's Impreza WRX.

Although we had expected Mitsubishi to stick with a conventional five-speed manual gearbox in the Lancer Ralliart, it now appears the company will offer only its six-speed Twin Clutch-Sequential Sportshift Transmission (TC-SST), which we've found quite effective in the Evo X MR.

The dual-clutch gearbox drives all four of the '09 Lancer Ralliart's wheels through an all-wheel-drive system with an active center differential. Just as in the Evo VIII, IX and X, the driver can choose from Tarmac, Gravel and Snow driving modes. Although the Ralliart won't have the Evo X's Active Yaw Control (AYC) feature, it still has a mechanical rear limited-slip differential and a helical LSD up front.

Mitsubishi hasn't gotten specific about suspension changes on the 2009 Ralliart, and the showcar wears the same P215/45R18 Dunlop SP Sport 5000M all-season tires as our long-term '08 Lancer GTS. However, we'd be very surprised if the company didn't offer a summer tire option for the Ralliart.

What's Edmunds' take?
    We're a little disappointed the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart won't have a normal manual transmission. Even with the sophisticated automated sequential gearbox, though, this is probably the car that will drive the soggy WRX to an early refresh.

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*END

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must admit, this little beast is looking to be a great car for the money. I'd guess launch MSRP to be $24,995 and fully loaded with Recaros, HID's to be around $28,995. If the Evo X didn't exist, I'd be getting this for sure.

I think this is now the best car for the money, and it was genious of Mitsubishi to release something not quite as big as an Evo but better then their regular Lancer.

Evo IX drivetrain, Evo X tranny,Â*AWD, & Turbo for $25k??Â* Anyone who is currently looking for a DD looking at this as a real option?

Default Re: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Thread

ralliart over wrx for sure

Lancer prototype S FTW 8)
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

Whatever...

DD
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...

dang .....im about to like it....
    "aka Bagsik_EVOVIII"

^Could be your new DD?

Quote Originally Posted by DoggDicker
    Whatever...
    Hater...

I'm actually looking forward to the new 370Z coming out.

3.7 liter 330hp RWD from the G37 in the lighter and more nimble body of a 350Z for under 30K.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast

yup...not in a hurry though..cuz mitsu might still do upgrades with this....like what they did with the GSR / MR
    "aka Bagsik_EVOVIII"

Quote Originally Posted by ZK

3.7 liter 330hp RWD from the G37 in the lighter and more nimble body of a 350Z for under 30K.
    Yea, but what is that going to cost? Sounds expensive....

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
    Quote Originally Posted by ZK

Yea, but what is that going to cost? Sounds expensive....
    I mentioned the price in my post. It will sell for about the same as the current 350Z as it will replace the 350Z.
    Car Detailing Enthusiast